Discussion NAFL 2019 - Preseason Hub

What should be the special theme round this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay so following the poll, we now know our two themed rounds this season:

City Round: Design a guernsey that celebrates something about your team's location, whether it's a certain aesthetic, music scene, local beverage, celebrity, landmark etc. If you're struggling for ideas, feel free to PM me and I'll try and help.

Retro Round: Similar to the NAFL Heritage Round of the past, the NAFL Retro Round incorporates not only throwback guernseys, but encourages fauxbacks and taking in various design elements of various eras.

There will be two rounds each dedicated to each theme and to shorten the season and keep interest alive, each team will only face each other once, regardless of if one of those rounds is a themed round as opposed to the past where there would be a regular reverse fixture.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Okay so following the poll, we now know our two themed rounds this season:

City Round: Design a guernsey that celebrates something about your team's location, whether it's a certain aesthetic, music scene, local beverage, celebrity, landmark etc. If you're struggling for ideas, feel free to PM me and I'll try and help.

Retro Round: Similar to the NAFL Heritage Round of the past, the NAFL Retro Round incorporates not only throwback guernseys, but encourages fauxbacks and taking in various design elements of various eras.

There will be two rounds each dedicated to each theme and to shorten the season and keep interest alive, each team will only face each other once, regardless of if one of those rounds is a themed round as opposed to the past where there would be a regular reverse fixture.

So...Two new logos for our kits? Or just one?

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
The Wellington Seawolves Women's team is disappointed that the implementation of a NAFLW competition has again been rejected by the meeting of General Managers. They hope that it will be considered again in 2020 and that the NAFL will be the first league to implement a Women's competition alongside the men's.

With that the Seawolves Women wish to show the prototype guernsey that would have been worn in this seasons competition had it been implemented (including the proposed NAFLW logo).

zV94N4T.png

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
The Wellington Seawolves Women's team is disappointed that the implementation of a NAFLW competition has again been rejected by the meeting of General Managers. They hope that it will be considered again in 2020 and that the NAFL will be the first league to implement a Women's competition alongside the men's.

With that the Seawolves Women wish to show the prototype guernsey that would have been worn in this seasons competition had it been implemented (including the proposed NAFLW logo).

zV94N4T.png
Your best kit is probably going to be the one you're not going to use :cool:

In all seriousness, that simplified design is brilliant.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Makes me think it should be more of a 80's faux-back design than a real throwback?
Love it!
When FT asked me to knock this up he said he wanted heritage to be changed to retro to broaden the scope of the round. Go for it, by all means.

Deadline is officially Thursday, September 26th midnight AWST.

Barrybran deadline for Ressies will be 48 hours earlier, to give time to decide which teams will be moved up to the top flight.

Back