Discussion NAFL 2020 Preseason Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freight Train number of entries received check?

Which is an incredible number, but also a f**king annoying number.

In terms of assured entries, I only have one more expected from Barrybran so I'll give him until tomorrow to get something in to me, and any other silent stragglers. Otherwise, yeah, I'll make something work, but 60 would be ideal and we are so very close to that.

Founded in 2008 by a wealthy private investor who sold his large farm acreage with the dream of owning a football team - The Esperance Breakers (also known as the #Trailbreakers) have helped the exponential growth and boom of the Western Australian coastal town. Not only was the town a summer hotspot for tourists, it has now created a new coming of winter tourists down south from Perth, encouraging more people to attend games and be involved with the club, creating more jobs and boosting the local economy. The Breakers have had moderate success in their 12 years since, however they're still searching for that maiden NAFL premiership.

View attachment 947738

Pre-season preparations completed at Esperance Oval this sunny afternoon with a new re-surfacing of the ground's turf and a fresh lick of paint...

View attachment 947740

yeah but where this at tho?

Now at 58.

Counting on the big bad Barrybran and the big red machine Cainozz to come through with the goods to take us to the big six-oh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

118672454_597258270968220_2695599836929590385_n.png

okay so, planning an AFL-style finals series with 32 teams progressing from 6 groups of 10 has proved to be a challenge, but I believe I've developed a fair system.

but wanted to run it by everyone to gather their thoughts and see if there's any changes that people want to see.

EDIT: quarter finals will be single leg, will have double leg for semis and preliminaries because the randomisation means no team really has an advantage, so it will be home vs away and home vs away, and in the case of the results being 1-1, the one with the most votes overall wins.

118672454_597258270968220_2695599836929590385_n.png

okay so, planning an AFL-style finals series with 32 teams progressing from 6 groups of 10 has proved to be a challenge, but I believe I've developed a fair system.

but wanted to run it by everyone to gather their thoughts and see if there's any changes that people want to see.
Looks good to me

Looks alright, just checking- there isn’t any second chance? So you could essentially play one match and your out?

What are you talking about? All losers of the qualifying finals go into the challenger finals.

Also to clarify, these are the finals, coming out of the league stage (6 leagues of 10 teams with 9 rounds)

What are you talking about? All losers of the qualifying finals go into the challenger finals.

Also to clarify, these are the finals, coming out of the league stage (6 leagues of 10 teams with 9 rounds)
Sorry, I thought it was the league! Makes more sense now- ‘preliminarily rounds’ then finals!

Had to delete the group draw - missed two entries that were submitted on time so will add them in, as well as an entry from a new poster and one more entry hopefully on its way tomorrow morning.

Will re-draw and re-structure finals tomorrow. Might cause a little delay but hopeful I can still get this up this weekend.

50304461931_05f0b5478b_o.png

Second time's the charm - here's the draw.

64 teams.

Season hub and opening matchday should be going up this weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back