Poll NAFL 2020 - Round 1, Matchday 3

Vote for your favourite in each matchup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have given this style of template a go a few times but never been able to get it to work (largely down to not being able to extract the texture properly from the original image). May give it another go for FLO now if I have the time after seeing just how good it can look.

I'd always run into the same issue. Unless you have a player in a solid single colour kit with no logos, it's impossible to use the underlying texture properly. For Sydney and Waikato this year I was set on putting the guernsey on an actual player, so I purpose bought a Wacom tablet and drew my shadow and highlight layers, as well as any stitching etc from the ground up, sort of tracing the lighting and folds as best I could from the original images. Waikato is better than Sydney but only because I did Waikato 2nd and got better as I went along.

I think i'll keep doing the same sort of thing moving forward and hopefully get better as I go.

I'd always run into the same issue. Unless you have a player in a solid single colour kit with no logos, it's impossible to use the underlying texture properly. For Sydney and Waikato this year I was set on putting the guernsey on an actual player, so I purpose bought a Wacom tablet and drew my shadow and highlight layers, as well as any stitching etc from the ground up, sort of tracing the lighting and folds as best I could from the original images. Waikato is better than Sydney but only because I did Waikato 2nd and got better as I went along.

I think i'll keep doing the same sort of thing moving forward and hopefully get better as I go.
Or you can be like me hiding my atrocious shading skills behind "Filter Gallery>Graphic Pen" player layer texture :)

Back