Poll NAFL 2020 - Round of Sixteen EXTRA POLL (Harbour City vs. Newcastle)

Vote for your favourite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NAFL 2020 Match Header.png

24 hour poll, the previous poll results are null-and-void, if DiamondGuy wins, Newcastle go through to the Semi Finals.

Newcastle vs. Harbour City

NAFL-d.png

50115406197_a959dcd990_o.jpg

Last edited:

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
For the record, I never asked for or wanted a repoll.

It is satisfying to see the outcome though.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades

It is satisfying to see the outcome though.

Instead of seeing my away predictably lose for a third time against a first-placed home (Anglesea, Perth, Harbour City), I would have liked to see my home tested.
Well whether you asked for it or not, your Home just got tested.

Sure, you never directly asked me for a rematch. You did instead:
  • Write me an essay, claiming how unfair this result has been to you because of the below
  • Claim that not being allowed to use your home design was "demoralising and absurd" (your words) and an unfair system and that I put you in your away guernsey instead of your "undefeated, untested" home guernsey
  • Claim that me putting you in your away, and subsequently running the finals in this system is something I do to benefit only myself and El_Scorcho to give us each an armchair ride to the preliminary finals and again to quote you "at this point, nobody can convince me otherwise, I've made up my mind what this is"
  • Claim that I cannot continue to treat designers like this, and by this, you're suggesting I'm withholding the fact the away guernsey may be used in finals, to try and give myself and this so-called "boys club" (your words) an unfair advantage
  • Claim that this season was by no-means "anyone's game"
  • You then messaged multiple other users with the same story, which by the sounds of it the real issue is that after I personally invited you to join NAFL (because I was stoked to see someone who influenced my designs early on in my time here back posting on the board), you felt I didn't give you enough information or design briefing, warning you that your away may be used in the finals
You didn't do this at the end of the season. You did this 24-48 hours out from losing to the competition organiser, because you felt you were getting the raw end of the deal, and whether or not you explicitly stated it, you strongly suggested you were getting cheated out of a real chance of winning because you were in your away guernsey and that I was effectively abusing my power or rigging the system to give myself the best chance of winning.

Fact is, running this competition with the sheer number of entries, and in particular quality entries, is a much bigger accomplishment than winning will ever be. I do this as a volunteer, I don't get paid and there's no cash prizes for the winners, all of this is for fun and for a fancy badge under your username.

What choice did you actually leave me with other than to just give you this, to show you what would have happened, so we can move on with this competition?

Last edited:
Freighty is a legend for hosting the NAFL and deserves all praise for the work and effort he puts in for us. We all have games where we wish we were in our home guernsey but it is what it is and I haven't seen anyone else complain like this. Dog move. I think we'd all pick Freightys design anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back