Remove this Banner Ad

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
These 2 teams weren't able to be split after 4 days and a day of extra time, so we'll bring in the other guernseys. This will be home v home, away v away and womens v womens. Winning 2 of these legs will give one of these teams the flag. If legs end up tied, we'll go to total votes across the 3 legs.

I'll make this a 3 day poll as a full rematch.

Waikato Tigers vs Whyalla Steelers

Home

2OJ9HJW.jpg

v
B0Dkb1K.jpeg

Away

UfFEOxM.jpg

v
hnkDDNB.jpeg

Womens

njv5tdJ.jpg

v
pu8bfpk.jpeg

We're about half way through this one, keep those votes rolling in!

Congratulations to your 2022 NAFL Premiers, magpienato and the Whyalla Steelers!

Incredible design, incredible execution. Now immortalised as an NAFL winner, the highest honour on the FJGD board Nobody has ever done it tougher in the NAFL, coming back from a losing GF last year, winning in extra time in the prelim and then extra time AND a rematch in the Grand Final.

Nato has been around the board a long time, started in the NAFL reserves in this competition and has been steadily honing his craft and building to greatness. He's didn't come to the board as a graphic design wizard, he put in the hard yards, sought advice, listened and continued to push himself to improve. An inspiration for anyone who thinks that winning an NAFL title is an impossible dream.

We'll be back for the 2023 season! Keep an eye out for the preseason thread.

Congratulations to your 2022 NAFL Premiers, magpienato and the Whyalla Steelers!

Incredible design, incredible execution. Now immortalised as an NAFL winner, the highest honour on the FJGD board Nobody has ever done it tougher in the NAFL, coming back from a losing GF last year, winning in extra time in the prelim and then extra time AND a rematch in the Grand Final.

Nato has been around the board a long time, started in the NAFL reserves in this competition and has been steadily honing his craft and building to greatness. He's didn't come to the board as a graphic design wizard, he put in the hard yards, sought advice, listened and continued to push himself to improve. An inspiration for anyone who thinks that winning an NAFL title is an impossible dream.

We'll be back for the 2023 season! Keep an eye out for the preseason thread.
Unreal season, unreal finish. Coming into finals in 3rd place it was always going to be an uphill battle for the flag but full credit to the boys they finished the job against three quality opponents in Swan River, Bendigo and Waikato.

For real though can't thank everyone enough. I joined FJGD around 2017 and I really only had just figured out the basics of Photoshop and the idea of participating in, let alone winning NAFL never even felt like a possibility. As cliche as it sounds, practice really does make perfect, it's only way you get better. Keep practicing, keep designing, keep learning through the victories and through the defeats. And on top of that, don't be afraid to ask for help/advice. Scorch and FT were probably close to getting a restraining order with the amount of times I'd ask for second opinions on stuff I was working on but if you want to get to that NAFL-winning level you have to be ready to learn from the best and cop some feedback along the way.

Can't thank El_Scorcho enough, not only for running the comp for last couple of years but just with all the help over the years. Everything from my presentations and templates I've made have always had a good amount of inspiration from stuff he's done. His trophy cabinet probably is bursting at the seams with accolades at this point so hope I'm doing him a favour here winning this one... Waikato will bounce back, they always do.

#FlagSteelers
Happy Nba Finals GIF by NBA

Back