Remove this Banner Ad

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Why can people never lean from past mistakes. History is always doomed to repeat. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The Hypnojumper does have an absolutely shocking record for the Tigers, even when worn in heritage round when I was at the pointy end of the comp.

caloschwaby

You Beauty
Jan 3, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
Cairns is very disappointing using the Inter Milan away kit design.
Not an Italian league watcher so I completely missed on this, good spot.

Sunshine almost had my vote on that slick presentation alone and it almost captures something nostalgic for me, but I found the colour scheme just slightly dissonant on my eyes with maybe one too many colours going on. That being said I am looking really forward to their other kits and think they're going to end up well placed in League B.

SunsphereParker

Debutant
Jul 30, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not an Italian league watcher so I completely missed on this, good spot.

Sunshine almost had my vote on that slick presentation alone and it almost captures something nostalgic for me, but I found the colour scheme just slightly dissonant on my eyes with maybe one too many colours going on. That being said I am looking really forward to their other kits and think they're going to end up well placed in League B.
Thanks! Yeah I definitely stuffed the colours up

caloschwaby

You Beauty
Jan 3, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
Thanks! Yeah I definitely stuffed the colours up
No stuff ups at all! This is what NAFL is about :)

The colour palette as a whole is fine actually and I can see it having a lot of potential and as I said, looking forward to the other kits! I just personally think with that particular design the arrangement of colour eg. alternating bars draws attention away from the clever Greek iconography that makes up the jumper's identity.

With a great number of colours (>3) comes great responsibility to ensure the primary colours (eg. purple/black) interact complementary with secondary/tertiary colours (eg. turquoise/red).

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I really like the colour scheme, but i really don't dig the actual logo shape (even if it has a backstory), I feel like the design loses cred because of it :(

i get it though, i had the issue with WVFC in the Adelaide comp, it's hard to stylise a strong W shape without making it look like a Wonder Woman logo lol
Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. But yeah you're right it was tricky getting something that didn't come off as Wonder Woman haha. In the end I was trying to emulate a GWS-type design and I think I did the best I possibly could have.

Last edited: