GS Sharks vs. Southern Vikings

xV9fBo2.png

6oViXpO.jpeg

Macarthur vs. Parkes

Parkes in their home guernsey due to clash

WSs5StF.png

lGkr8dE.png

Last edited:

Bendigo giving off strong Waikato combined with something (can't put my finger on it, but the dragon feel familiar) vibes with that kit.

Cairns is very disappointing using the Inter Milan away kit design.
This perhaps?
r25iNfH.png

Cairns is very disappointing using the Inter Milan away kit design.
very much agree with this. Sunshine is a really smart design with the greek take on the prison bars and doesn't deserve to be losing to someone who has just popped a professional design on their template imo.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Whyalla is awesome too, love that colour scheme.
Thanks! Really tried to lean into the whole 'Steeler' identity with the tempering rainbow gradient. Also another small detail that probably isn't too obvious is in the design of the W is in the shape of the Eyre Peninsula where Whyalla is located.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Thanks! Really tried to lean into the whole 'Steeler' identity with the tempering rainbow gradient. Also another small detail that probably isn't too obvious is in the design of the W is in the shape of the Eyre Peninsula where Whyalla is located.
I really like the colour scheme, but i really don't dig the actual logo shape (even if it has a backstory), I feel like the design loses cred because of it :(

i get it though, i had the issue with WVFC in the Adelaide comp, it's hard to stylise a strong W shape without making it look like a Wonder Woman logo lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
So that's a good thing right?

Not what I meant.

I wasn't saying the design gave off pro team vibes, I meant that the dragon element felt like it was taken directly from a pro teams design, like how Cairns has the Inter Milan snake design which is a direct ripoff.

So saying it had pro team vibes was actually a negative.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
Not what I meant.

I wasn't saying the design gave off pro team vibes, I meant that the dragon element felt like it was taken directly from a pro teams design, like how Cairns has the Inter Milan snake design which is a direct ripoff.

So saying it had pro team vibes was actually a negative.
I wanted to make the main dragon, which is on the logo a focal point. Think St Kilda and Prahran where the emblem is emblazoned across the heart, shifting the sponsor. The gold rings around the dragon where inspired by an Everton goalkeeper jersey around 2013/14 I think. Once completed I felt it lacked something, that's where I placed the second dragon. An outline which is intended to serve the same purpose as a watermark, but with just a little more. Melbourne wore something like that against Brisbane during the one off China game in 2010 and the Bendigo club is inspired by the city's Chinese history. I never thought it to be a "rip off" of that or anything else and if I'm wrong, so be it. But either way, I'm pretty proud of what I designed.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
I wanted to make the main dragon, which is on the logo a focal point. Think St Kilda and Prahran where the emblem is emblazoned across the heart, shifting the sponsor. The gold rings around the dragon where inspired by an Everton goalkeeper jersey around 2013/14 I think. Once completed I felt it lacked something, that's where I placed the second dragon. An outline which is intended to serve the same purpose as a watermark, but with just a little more. Melbourne wore something like that against Brisbane during the one off China game in 2010 and the Bendigo club is inspired by the city's Chinese history. I never thought it to be a "rip off" of that or anything else and if I'm wrong, so be it. But either way, I'm pretty proud of what I designed.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ah there we go that was it. I knew there was something familiar to it.

Look I have no issue with it being similar, my worry was that it was actually a direct ripoff, but I couldn't place where I had seen the similar design (unlike Cairns which I picked immediately). The similarities with the Melbourne kit are there, and may be slightly pushing the limit of what I would call acceptable, but you have not crossed any line as the design is different. It just happens to resemble two kits that have existed (one in the NAFL, and one in real life).

Admittedly I probably wouldn’t have allowed the Cairns design to go ahead if I had have put the two together, so that’s a slip-up on my end. If BringBackTheAnchor wants to do so, I’m happy to allow you to redesign and resubmit prior to Round 2, which would give probably until the weekend.

SunsphereParker

Senior List
Jul 30, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Admittedly I probably wouldn’t have allowed the Cairns design to go ahead if I had have put the two together, so that’s a slip-up on my end. If BringBackTheAnchor wants to do so, I’m happy to allow you to redesign and resubmit prior to Round 2, which would give probably until the weekend.
Will the Cairns-Sunshine match-up be replayed? Thanks FS and Craegus for flagging it

Apr 27, 2019
Dragon Island
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, OKC
I have other half done concepts and I’ll try get only thrown together.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Burnley not loading? Also, Warhammer 40k Vikings vibes

Just started collecting and painting again as I was designing these and there's definitely some strong dark/blood angels inspo! The strong simple iconography is one of the many cool things about the setting.

Back