Discussion NAFL Jumpers That Never Were

SilvaComet

All Australian
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Glad this isn't my final design this year.
I9nPutA.png

I9nPutA.png
[/IMG]

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Glad this isn't my final design this year.
I9nPutA.png

I9nPutA.png
[/IMG]

This is a pretty cool design.

Just some advice for work on that template:
- Turn down the opacity of the stitching. You want to be able to see it but it should only be fairly light so it doesn't stand out quite so much.
- Adjust the opacity of the overlay so that it's not too light and not too dark, depending on how dark your base colour is.
- Don't use the AFL number font, use something different that works with your design. The AFL number font is super generic.

I don’t normally rate shading on templates.
Scorch's template though does look better with shading (although pretty much everyone that uses it can't get it right) the only time I think a template looks better without shading is when it is designed with that in mind.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Wellington Seawolves Unused 2018/19 kits

Away/Alternate Variant

cEOKKbI.png

Rejected early on (as can be seen by the use of the old NAFL logo) due to fan feedback linking it to Port Adelaide's 2009 Clash jumper.

Away Variant

qs9lbtY.jpg

Rejected in favour of the Orca kit to allow club to have some differentiation between kits instead of having an inverse of the home.

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Here was my original home jumper for this season. Probably a better looking jumper, but too similar to the past 2 years.
View attachment 579394
I was looking and thinknig about your guernseys earlier and maybe if you persisted with the W but made the top of the middle point into the shape of an eagle head then jazzed it up a bit like Derwent River has done. I dunno how it would turn out or if it would make much difference but its food for thought anyway.

To be fair, I think Fizz designed it before Werribee swapped back.
I think not. From memory, I used the W-Eagle on my clash from 2015/16. Then the next year I put the W on the home jumper.
upload_2018-10-28_20-47-11.png

Whereas Werribee used the W in 2013 to celebrate 20 years since our only premiership, then made it the full time home jumper in 2014.

Back