Pick the best of the five NAFL logo concepts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAFL Logo Competition

Part One

The voting for a potentially new NAFL logo will take place in two parts through two 48 hour polls. The first poll will feature all of the new concepts, and the winning design from that will then be polled against the current NAFL design.

Design One

511138_97391159120aec7b3bd0a3357189ebdf.png

Design Two

511513_b053a3025690c9e69a3292a8996bd77a.jpg

Design Three

61iYJw2.png

Design Four

511450_a91eca450d94e14cfd2daaa533866c60.png

Design Five

zqSxSPZ.png

What would you have done to make them hit the mark?
You asked for it.
And I haven't seen who's posted what, so this is completely unbiased.

Entry 1 - Maybe add the years of the season, '2018/19' down the bottom. And then shorten 'FINALS SERIES' to just 'FINALS', along with the 2018/19 underneath. The italics doesn't work too well with the 'FINALS SERIES'. The text that doesn't follow along with the football and the top of the logo is the thing that irks me the most.

Entry 2 - Needs more of the footy, the NAFL text needs to not only follow the curve of the logo but the sides of it need to line up too, otherwise it looks amateurish. And the shading on the ribbon will not work on a guernsey when people are trying to make it another colour, but the ribbons themselves and the text on them looks decent.

Entry 3 - Font choice could be better for both NAFL and Heritage Round, the rounded text isn't quite what is needed with the graphic and the heritage round font should be... more heritage-y: thicker, serif-style fonts. Also the bottom of the footy looks odd because of where the footy is cut off on the side. As well as that, the ribbon only in gold just doesn't work, but it does make the footy look a little better. I'd say the ribbon needs to be raised ever so slightly..
EDIT: Okay, the ribbon works on dark backgrounds.

Entry 4 - Good in theory, but flat shield tops don't usually work too well for logos, the Bombardier(?) font isn't quite right for this either, and the Souther Cross could have either gone in the middle of the red and gold colours, replacing the goalposts, or get rid of it all together and thicken the posts/laces.

Entry 5 - Really, the only thing is those laces. They look like buck teeth... So exaggerated, it doesn't work with the rest of the logos which are great.

Last edited:
I'm surprised we didn't get a unique entry. All 5 of them are riffing on the existing design, with entry 3 the clear frontrunner for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back