Discussion NAFL Reserves 2017/18 Franchise Owner & Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

i based my designs off the nsw/act rams guernseys but he said i ripped off the designs
The rams kit is too generic for anyone to care. Who did FT say you ripped off?

Given your design won't be accepted, post your home kit so we can see.

Looks very Alice Springs to me.
DE1Oz9WXsAAo4YF.jpg

Looks very Alice Springs to me.
That's what it is! I was trying to give benefit of the doubt but something in the back of my mind said something wasn't quite right. Lynton, I don't think for one second you've ripped anyone off intentionally and it's bloody hard to come up with an original design but this is a great opportunity to try and put your own twist on this design. What can you add/subtract/change to take this from 'generic, been done before' to 'Lynton's original'? (rhetoric question btw)

That's why Freight Train disallowed it (that's what Lynton told me)
Of course that's why he disallowed it, just wanted to put my first thought forward to show that it wasn't just FT that saw it that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get where you are coming from, but it is just too close to the ACP guernsey for anyone to buy that I'm afraid. It's probably for the best that it was disallowed, because it gives you another chance to create something that is going to have a better chance of seeing you promoted, nothing against the design, but no one is voting for a design that they've already seen before.

nothing against the design, but no one is voting for a design that they've already seen before.
Take note of this line! Even if your idea is yours, if people have seen it before they won't vote for it. Figure out a way to differentiate your designs from something that has been seen before.

Footy jumpers have a finite possibility of design elements, especially if you're going traditional.

I have no problem with similarities or using elements other clubs have - but Lynton's entry is a blatant rip of the Spanna_ 's winning entry from last season, simply recoloured.

Identical distinctive striping pattern

Identical light/dark colour balance

Number panel

Monogram above number panel

All exactly copying the side that won the division last season.

#carn Lynton.

Really appreciate you turning his entry back Freight Train, they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery but what Lynton did was really taking that too far. Sorry mate, at least change it up a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back