Discussion NAFL Reserves 2018/19 - Franchise Announcement and Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Half the votes isn't going to get you a win though :think:
It’s not about winning mate, it’s about getting back in the design game after like 3 years of nothingness.

I actually think I haven’t designed anything since th NAFL 3 years ago.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
It’s not about winning mate, it’s about getting back in the design game after like 3 years of nothingness.

I actually think I haven’t designed anything since th NAFL 3 years ago.
After seeing fancyscum and Klim's designs in Sweet FA I'm looking forward to seeing what Sweet FA brings to FJGD.

Jul 19, 2012
Wanneroo
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Phoenix Coyotes
So the NAFL main league is up, when do we expect to see our league start?
Tonight. FT and I took a while to decide on which entries would fill the gaps in the seniors.

Please tell me we will have a cool little map thing like the NAFL 1's do on the season hub :)
Depends on what @Bacon Warrior wants to do, but probably not to this extent. - Freight Train, circa. 30 mins ago

This would have been quicker and funnier if you just yelled this at him
I would but he's a bit deaf :drunk:
dud4fih7pbldynltjxay.jpg

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
View attachment 577153

Clash Stadium has today been announced as the primary home venue for the Tassie Falcons in the NAFL Reserves. We also announce that the Falcons will also play 1 match at Blundstone Arena, 1 match at North Hobart Oval and 2 matches at UTAS Stadium, Launceston.
As opposed to your Home stadium? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Eagerly awaiting the launch of the Ressies comp so I will post the Toowoomba Tsars' team song. Exactly the same as the Bears old song.

In the tune of Battle Hymn of the Republic:

If you are a Queenslander then sing along with me
we the Tsars on the road to victory,
all for one and one for all we'll answer to the call
the greatest team of all.

Toowoomba Tsars will live forever
we will always stick together,
the Tsarena is the place where people want to come and see

Thank you for listening.

Eagerly awaiting the launch of the Ressies comp so I will post the Toowoomba Tsars' team song. Exactly the same as the Bears old song.

In the tune of Battle Hymn of the Republic:

If you are a Queenslander then sing along with me
we the Tsars on the road to victory,
all for one and one for all we'll answer to the call

Toowoomba Tsars will live forever
we will always stick together,
the Tsarena is the place where people want to come and see

Thank you for listening.

If there were a competition for 'Best Theme Song' (new awards category Bacon Warrior?) then you'd win for sure. The Bears had a fantastic second theme song, for reference, here's the video:

rorydelight

Debutant
Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
upload_2018-10-22_19-54-7.png

The Tasmanian Falcons have today announced the 2 main home venues ahead of the 2018 19 NAFL Reserves Premiership.
Clash Stadium, Hobart- 75% of Home Games plus Finals (Derbies and Blockbusters will be played at the state of the art venue)
Disney Stadium, Launceston- 20% of Home Games
North Hobart Stadium, Hobart- 2.5% of Home Games
TBC- 2.5% of Home Games (Rotating venue in Tassie rotated annually)

The three main venues includes 2 brand new stadiums and a traditional venue. For the 2018/19 season, North Hobart Oval will host the first 2 home games prior to Clash Stadium being ready for NAFL Footy. Disney Stadium will be completed in late November.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
If there were a competition for 'Best Theme Song' (new awards category Bacon Warrior?) then you'd win for sure. The Bears had a fantastic second theme song, for reference, here's the video:

It's actually the best theme song of any team I agree. I hope a team like GC or a new Tassie team pick it up because it's the perfect song for a footy club.

View attachment 577171
The Tasmanian Falcons have today announced the 2 main home venues ahead of the 2018 19 NAFL Reserves Premiership.
Clash Stadium, Hobart- 75% of Home Games plus Finals (Derbies and Blockbusters will be played at the state of the art venue)
Disney Stadium, Launceston- 20% of Home Games
North Hobart Stadium, Hobart- 2.5% of Home Games
TBC- 2.5% of Home Games (Rotating venue in Tassie rotated annually)

The three main venues includes 2 brand new stadiums and a traditional venue. For the 2018/19 season, North Hobart Oval will host the first 2 home games prior to Clash Stadium being ready for NAFL Footy. Disney Stadium will be completed in late November.

Going to be interesting seeing you play half a game at one stadium, get on a bus and play the second half at another to accomodate the percentages :p

But in all seriousness, I love how seriously you and other competitors are taking the competition. Putting together graphics for stadiums wouldn't be quick, and it's a credit to you to get so involved, both boosting your standing amongst other teams and furthering your graphic design skills. Keep it up :)

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's actually the best theme song of any team I agree. I hope a team like GC or a new Tassie team pick it up because it's the perfect song for a footy club.
It's based off 'Glory Glory Man United', Subi and Woodville both use a variation of it

So you will be The Half Back and The Full Forward? It'll be like playing at the SCG.
I'll be serving The Half Time Oranges at every break as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back