Discussion NAFL Reserves 2018-19 - Franchise Bids and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

craegus, what is a community jumper??

The Community jumper is where teams will wear a guernsey that celebrates an aspect of the community where their team is located. This can interpreted in a number of different ways, not limited to pride, charity, women's footy, culture, economy/agriculture etc. It's a bit of a free-hit, as long as it ties back to a realistic aspect of the community of the team.

idk if i'll have time so i may have to pull out but i want to submit a bid anyway just in case:
State: nsw
nickname: sand rats (might change)
colours: maroon, orange, white

It's gonna be a long year in the Reserves. 27 teams have bidded so far. Could we see a NAFL Division 3? (Previous highest number of teams in NAFLR was 17)
upload_2018-7-12_11-34-22.png

Agree with Grandsun, with NAFL Div.3 . Would recommend all the new teams to feature in this division. And try to split it at 15 per division.

But, yes, wait for all the sibmissions to get in first.
They all have to actually submit first.
With bidding still open, there is a chance for more teams to bid that would mean that could expand to 30+ teams. There is no chance that there would be 30+ rounds...

With bidding still open, there is a chance for more teams to bid that would mean that could expand to 30+ teams. There is no chance that there would be 30+ rounds...
Yes. But we’ve had issue before about preparing for teams, that just don’t submit their designs.

No but akkaps has brought together both of our thoughts - get the entries in then split then if necessary.

Agree with Grandsun, with NAFL Div.3 . Would recommend all the new teams to feature in this division. And try to split it at 15 per division.

But, yes, wait for all the sibmissions to get in first.

The option we might head towards would be similar to Can-Am with the conferencing system - there’s no need for a “third” division as such, but simply split the divisions geographically, with conference finals to follow. All of this would need to be sorted after the entry deadline though to figure out how many are in each conference.

Of course we’re kind of in unchartered territory here with an unprecedented amount of interest in the competition.

The option we might head towards would be similar to Can-Am with the conferencing system - there’s no need for a “third” division as such, but simply split the divisions geographically, with conference finals to follow. All of this would need to be sorted after the entry deadline though to figure out how many are in each conference.

Of course we’re kind of in unchartered territory here with an unprecedented amount of interest in the competition.

Right back in the early stages of the NAFL there was talk of a 3rd division due to entrant numbers, but it never eventuated.

I would be more for a 3rd division as it would add extra depth to the league with the reserves teams now being able to be relegated as well (adds a bit more of a challenge for them rather than just sitting in the reserves each year. Having two conferences could just see people stagnate in one or both of them or have the potential of one conference being way stronger than another purely on where people choose to locate their teams (I somethimes think this is the case in the Can-Am, but have been lucky that due to numbers the league has been fairly even, though I only have 20 teams, not the 40 or more potentially in the NAFL). Adding another division would allow people to sit in a tier that would keep them competitive with all others in that division and give them a better system to attempt to build to the top flight.

if we had 3 divisions, would then that result in a higher number of teams being relegated/promoted? say 3 or 4? top flight only 2 relegated
eg
top fight: bottom relegated, 2nd bottom play off with div 2 runner up
2nd div: premiers promoted. 2nd playoff with div 1 2nd last.
2nd div: last - relegated. 2nd bottom playoff with runners up in div 3. 3rd bottom playoff with 3rd in div 3 and . (maybe) 4th bottom play off with 4th in div 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right back in the early stages of the NAFL there was talk of a 3rd division due to entrant numbers, but it never eventuated.

I would be more for a 3rd division as it would add extra depth to the league with the reserves teams now being able to be relegated as well (adds a bit more of a challenge for them rather than just sitting in the reserves each year. Having two conferences could just see people stagnate in one or both of them or have the potential of one conference being way stronger than another purely on where people choose to locate their teams (I somethimes think this is the case in the Can-Am, but have been lucky that due to numbers the league has been fairly even, though I only have 20 teams, not the 40 or more potentially in the NAFL). Adding another division would allow people to sit in a tier that would keep them competitive with all others in that division and give them a better system to attempt to build to the top flight.

My main concern with there divisions is that it will now take a minimum of two years for a team now to make it to the top division.

I’d rather everyone in Reserves have the chance to make it to the top flight.

If we did move to 3 divisions, then the names:
NAFL
NAFL Reserves
NAFL 3/ NAFL Thirds

if we had 3 divisions, would then that result in a higher number of teams being relegated/promoted? say 3 or 4? top flight only 2 relegated
eg
top fight: bottom relegated, 2nd bottom play off with div 2 runner up
2nd div: premiers promoted. 2nd playoff with div 1 2nd last.
2nd div: last - relegated. 2nd bottom playoff with runners up in div 3. 3rd bottom playoff with 3rd in div 3 and . (maybe) 4th bottom play off with 4th in div 3.

I think it would depend on the number of teams in each division. But it could be possible that the bottom/top 2 or 3 could become part of a promotion/relegation system.

I like the idea of a third division.

If it went to 3 divisions this is how I would actually do it;

ZVtJGuAl.png

NAFL Colts surely. In all seriousness though, a third division could be cool. Would add even more prestige to the league and just the NAFL as a whole.
yep I like the sound of NAFL Colts. Seeing everyone's big interest in the NAFL. It shows that it is the competition that everyone wants to be a part of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back