Discussion NAFL Reserves 2019 Preseason Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to do this now but i think i might pull out from this year. I'm just not confident that my designs will beat others that are put out. Also haven't really been a fan of the bigfooty environment lately.
Good luck to everyone involved :)

Sorry to do this now but i think i might pull out from this year. I'm just not confident that my designs will beat others that are put out. Also haven't really been a fan of the bigfooty environment lately.
Good luck to everyone involved :)

Bit of a weak excuse to pull out, tbf. I mean, you're free to do as you wish but end of the day, it's the Reserves where you're supposed to be developing. To not enter because you don't think you'll win, I just don't understand.

But that's just my two cents.

Bit of a weak excuse to pull out, tbf. I mean, you're free to do as you wish but end of the day, it's the Reserves where you're supposed to be developing. To not enter because you don't think you'll win, I just don't understand.

But that's just my two cents.
not everyone can enter competitions and win or come runner up, its more that i don't think ill even get into the final comp coz the other WA teams are so strong but hey i can finish my designs for tuesday and see how i go

not everyone can enter competitions and win or come runner up, its more that i don't think ill even get into the final comp coz the other WA teams are so strong but hey i can finish my designs for tuesday and see how i go

Well yeah, that's the thing, there's like 15-20 teams in the comp so by your logic, I should just cancel NAFL because not everyone can make the final so what's the point?

I'm entering this comp as someone who did a bit of graphic design on the side at uni and other than that I'm largely self taught. I know I'm more than likely not going to win, but I'm having a go to try and challenge myself and see if I can continue to improve as a designer.

You'd be surprised how quickly you improve when regularly entering comps on here, because you learn what does and doesn't work. Even looking at my first ever entry on here, I can see how much I've improved from then until now.

NMFCPreSeason.jpg

DemonsHome.png

When I started I was using colours that were WAY too vibrant and offensive, and I was trying to pack way too many elements into a jumper just to have as much 'cool' stuff as I could.

Now, I'm much more conscious of the brightness and saturation of colour I choose so they're not so hard to look at, and I try and take a less is more approach with the elements I use to make a jumper look modern and sleek without making it too busy.

This has just come from me entering competitions when I have time to do so. I haven't won anything in over 12 months of entering comps, but I can see the improvement I've made as a designer and it's super satisfying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm entering this comp as someone who did a bit of graphic design on the side at uni and other than that I'm largely self taught. I know I'm more than likely not going to win, but I'm having a go to try and challenge myself and see if I can continue to improve as a designer.

You'd be surprised how quickly you improve when regularly entering comps on here, because you learn what does and doesn't work. Even looking at my first ever entry on here, I can see how much I've improved from then until now.

View attachment 750888

View attachment 750889

When I started I was using colours that were WAY too vibrant and offensive, and I was trying to pack way too many elements into a jumper just to have as much 'cool' stuff as I could.

Now, I'm much more conscious of the brightness and saturation of colour I choose so they're not so hard to look at, and I try and take a less is more approach with the elements I use to make a jumper look modern and sleek without making it too busy.

This has just come from me entering competitions when I have time to do so. I haven't won anything in over 12 months of entering comps, but I can see the improvement I've made as a designer and it's super satisfying.
very good words mate, I've really been liking your designs in footy to futbol looking forward to seeing what u come up with in the ressies

Deadline is Tuesday so I'm just going to work with what I've received by then. I appreciate those who have let me know they won't be able to submit. As for the 'am I good enough' question - please put something in if that's your only hold up. We can't all be Freight Train when we start....

proxy.php

very good words mate, I've really been liking your designs in footy to futbol looking forward to seeing what u come up with in the ressies
Cheers, been busy finishing the NAFL off before I go back to work tomorrow, now that I've submitted it I'll try whack something together for the Power

Deadline is Tuesday so I'm just going to work with what I've received by then. I appreciate those who have let me know they won't be able to submit. As for the 'am I good enough' question - please put something in if that's your only hold up. We can't all be Freight Train when we start....

proxy.php
Loved the thicc template

There might be a few vacancies in the top flight this season, so depending on how things go if people have any last minute entries they’d like to get in - we will probably see a couple of Reserves entries gain automatic entry into the main competition.

There might be a few vacancies in the top flight this season, so depending on how things go if people have any last minute entries they’d like to get in - we will probably see a couple of Reserves entries gain automatic entry into the main competition.
How manyare we talking? I've only got eight for Ressies all up.

To those who haven’t entered - is there a particular reason why you have opted not to enter this year?

Does it come down to the timing (is September a bad time?), or is there other factors coming into play? Is there anything I can do to see more numbers coming in, because I’m concerned at the lack of entries both for the main league and the reserves this season compared to past years.

Like, are exams or anything like that an issue for designers?

If I need to push this out another few weeks or even longer, is this going to help?

Just a bit frustrating, and there’s almost no point running the competition starting this week if the numbers aren’t there.

To those who haven’t entered - is there a particular reason why you have opted not to enter this year?

Does it come down to the timing (is September a bad time?), or is there other factors coming into play? Is there anything I can do to see more numbers coming in, because I’m concerned at the lack of entries both for the main league and the reserves this season compared to past years.

Like, are exams or anything like that an issue for designers?

If I need to push this out another few weeks or even longer, is this going to help?

Just a bit frustrating, and there’s almost no point running the competition starting this week if the numbers aren’t there.

All 8 Reserves teams to NAFL! ;)

A potential solution should you not get any more entries (not sure if it fits in the current rules); if there are some Reserves entries that you judge wouldn't be out of place in NAFL, perhaps they could compete in both comps to maintain numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back