Competition NAFL Reserves - Hub Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

2ec2g0j.png
Where the fudge have those scores come from!! Its sure not the poll!!

Where the fudge have those scores come from!! Its sure not the poll!!

They are getting fixed up by lmach, we had some technical difficulties in the office.

NM Design seeking a bit of clarification regarding the forfeit

Logan Heat had not sent their team sheet to the umpires, and hence they forfeited the game.

As a result:
- Logan Heat receive:
  • A reprimand from the board at the NAFL Reserves
  • 0 premiership points and 0 points for and against
- Bayside Tide receive:
  • 2 premiership points and 9 points for and against
  • A cheap bottle of plonk
The NAFL reserves commitee decided as a collective that this was the fairest way to deal with the situation.
Regards,
NMD
Chairman of NAFL Reserves

aha! Thats cool Im looking at it and thinking WTF happened. I thought I had it in the bag.

The ladder is correct, however. ;)

Hardly fair, i wasn't given any chance to compete for the full 4 points when the onus was on Logan Heat.

also, a goon sack is hardly reasonable compensation

This rule was decided before round 1, by the committee and we will review it at the end of the season. But for now, the rule stays.

Considering I could have given both of you 0 premiership points and 0 points for and against, I believe your franchise did very well out of this.
Regards,
NMD
Chairman of NAFL Reserves

I know your running this comp NM but I found this in the 2012 Laws of AFL
consequence of
forfeiture
Where a Team forfeits a Match, the following shall apply:
(a)
the points for the Match shall be awarded to the Team
who did not forfeit the Match;
then it goes on to talk about complicated maths to work out the percentage which I dont think is really neccessary. I guess if you keep it at 9 votes for and against or bump it up to 14 and 14 because thats around about the total amount of votes from each match up this week.
But it is up to you, thats just my 2 cents worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NM Design
Dylan8 is right it should be a full 4 points and a win to the Bayside Tide as Logan Heat Forfeited

But what if he wasn't going to win?

It isn't fair on the other teams that fought hard for their wins.

Tide got the 2 points and that isn't going to change. It's done.

I know your running this comp NM but I found this in the 2012 Laws of AFL

then it goes on to talk about complicated maths to work out the percentage which I dont think is really neccessary. I guess if you keep it at 9 votes for and against or bump it up to 14 and 14 because thats around about the total amount of votes from each match up this week.
But it is up to you, thats just my 2 cents worth.

Well, lucky it's NAFL then, not AFL.

But what if he wasn't going to win?

It isn't fair on the other teams that fought hard for their wins.

Tide got the 2 points and that isn't going to change. It's done.

wat about then to make it even a game Logan V bayside sometime next week (Just something)

No. Tide has 2 points and you forfeited. End of story.

So are infering that i am trying to take the points off Bayside and try to get 4 myself NO THAT IS NOT WHAT IM DOING. Read my other post

NM Design
Dylan8 is right it should be a full 4 points and a win to the Bayside Tide as Logan Heat Forfeited

I thought it was wrong for bayside not to get 4 points now ur trying to make it look like im being completely unfair JEEZ!

Oh far out!
Guys, the rules THAT WERE AGREED ON BEFORE IT STARTED said that in the case of a forfeit, two points will be awarded. This is because one team didn't turn up, so therefore the other team does not play and still receives points. No one said that 4321 is stealing points, Dylan8, at least be happy that you are getting points. Im sure that any of the other teams that lost would be happy to take your place and have 2 points. Your team did not play, but were inconvenienced, so you get compensated. You didn't play a full game and so you don't get 4 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back