Nahas2Waite Phantom Draft 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

You're silly. No one is taking him in the top 30 but maybe Freo? That doesn't make sense. There are a few clubs interested in him so Brown won't last until pick 47. Bulldogs, Essendon, Freo and Gold Coast all need a KD. I reckon there would be another club or two who we don't know about that's interested in him. Hardly anyone knew that GWS were interested in Marchbank last year.

Why do you think they traded Fitzpatrick in? They didn't want him gone by their 3rd pick and miss out on him.

hey um what pick did he go?

Thus gunston to port thing won't happen, gunno isn't a free agent for a while and if a trade was requested it would be 2 first rounders

No one expected Buddy to go at the end of 2013. During 2013 everyone was suspicious but no one knew anything a year before. I wouldn't be surprised if Port do get him. Rumour was that Hawks were after Wingard this year so this might be how they get the Hawks back. Doesn't matter if he's not a free agent, plenty of players say they want to go to a club and a deal gets done.

Think I still would've preferred Silvagni over Burton. Apparently Burton still has pain walking around. Silvagni is looking to get games next year so he'd be ready to go and has a higher ceiling.

I'll say it again WORST PHANTOM DRAFT EVER. Don't give up your day job mate, no idea about footy or this is a severe piss take to get a rise from other posters, enjoy the school holidays....

Ease up Noel, your passive aggression indicates some underlying problems :(

nothing underlying here, just calling it as it is, i.e your phantom draft was rubbish and that has been vindicated by where the actual players went last night

P.S if you're going to do a phantom draft and it way off than be prepared to cop the criticism, seriously you're Hawthorn predictions where laughable, don't get me started on the rest. Next time get your dad to help you

Top Effort N2W, nailed a few picks, surprised that hawks didn't take Mitch Brown but eh you win some you lose some. Been a fantastic thread to read over the passed couple of days...;)

P.S if you're going to do a phantom draft and it way off than be prepared to cop the criticism, seriously you're Hawthorn predictions where laughable, don't get me started on the rest. Next time get your dad to help you
The Hawks had a change of heart. N2W isn't perfect, you sure got him. If you are able to look outside the Hawks picks, you will see that he got nearly all the picks spot on. Where is your Phantom Draft out of curiosity? I'm sure it was 100% accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey um what pick did he go?
54 mate. I thought you said Collins will get picked up by the Hawks? Not to worry, you can't get them all right.

Looks like the Hawks are wary of Gunston leaving so that's why they took Burton and Hardwick. No KDs want out so they changed their draft plans from getting Brown to getting Gunston replacements.

N2W, have heard Hawks are keen in the PSD on Matthew Watson from Carlton given Gunnos looks to be on the outer?

I'm not sure if you realise what troll actually means.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll
troll:
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.

Go back through my comments and you will realise I haven't attacked you or anyone to provoke an argument. I've simply stated my opinion in why I think Brown is a better fit for the Hawks over Collins and I'm in agreement with the phantom drafter. So relax, everyone has their own opinion and just because mine is different to yours doesn't mean I'm having a go at you.

While you're looking through threads on the Hawks board have a look through some of the other old threads that have recently been dug up and you'll see some posters saying we should have drafted Tambling in 2004, that we should've drafted Vardy in 2009, that we shouldn't have hired Clarkson as coach! A couple of those were what the majority felt too. Thank gawd for those who don't follow the opinion of the crowd! All I'm saying is (in my opinion) that the majority may not be right this time.

Who would you personally feel more confident in to stop goals being scored by JJK or Darling on GF day in 2016 if the Hawks lined up against WCE again, Brown or Collins (of course it's not all that likely to happen)? I would prefer a 25yo Brown who's had previous AFL experience at a decent and recently successful club over an inexperienced 19yo playing his first season. Don't you think that it's a little too convenient that the Hawks are expected to take Collins? It's not often that the Hawks pick who they're expected to take at their pick...Hartung and Brad Hill are good examples I reckon.
The worst thing about this comment is that it's almost logical in a sick sorta way...

There should be a rating of all the Phantom drafts every year. It would be a fantastic way to thank those tireless guys like N2W who clearly spend hours traversing this great land of ours, watching youngsters play footy. Not to mention going over newspapers with a fine tooth comb.

FWIW I'd vote this one as the best.

Hi all

My first attempt at one of these, based largely on my opinion and a few things I've heard around the traps.

1. Carlton Jacob Weightman

Best key defender

2. Brisbane Josh Schache

Best key forward

3. Sydney Josh Dunkley*

*bid placed by Melbourne matched by Sydney

Gun inside mid, handy addition

4. Melbourne Eric Hipwood**

**bid not matched by Adelaide
Another tall to help Hogan

5. Essendon Kieran Collins

Key defender

6. Essendon Ben McKay

Back-up for Collins in a key defensive post

7. Gold Coast Brandon Ah Chee

Electrifying small forward

8. Melbourne Harry McKay

Another tall to help Hogan

9. Carlton Clayton Oliver

Contested ball beast

10. Adelaide Ryan Burton

Risky but a great talent

11. GWS Aaron Francis

Goddard type

12. Carlton Mitchell Hibberd

Rebuild of Carlton's defence

13. Richmond Ben Keays

Forgot what type he is

14. Adelaide Darcy Parish

Small mid and I think he will slide to either here or Brisbane at 38

15. St Kilda Jade Gresham

Milne replacement

16. Hawthorn Mitch Brown

Ready-made key defender to cover Lake's retirement

17. Gold Coast Ben Crocker

Classy forward

18. North Callum Mills***

*** bid not matched by Sydney
Classy mid, Swans apparently keen to keep later picks so I think they'll decline to match

19. Hawthorn Jack Silvagni****

****bid not matched by Carlton
Future replacement for Gunston

20. Carlton Josh Dunkley

Contested ball beast

21. Western Bulldogs Majak Daw

Ready-made ruckman
Quality ahahhahaha

54 mate. I thought you said Collins will get picked up by the Hawks? Not to worry, you can't get them all right.

Looks like the Hawks are wary of Gunston leaving so that's why they took Burton and Hardwick. No KDs want out so they changed their draft plans from getting Brown to getting Gunston replacements.

I was right about gunno not leaving
Thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back