Nail your colours to the mast. Acceptable win/loss 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Not having Rosco associated with Freo in any way shape or form is worth 10 wins for me so as long as we win 2-3 games minimum I'll be happy as Larry

I'm happy to bet my account against anyone we at least match our 9 wins though and that's before a new coach has been appointed

There you go Rossy Posse , put up or shut up

Everyone takes different amounts of time to move on.

the point of the Richmond documentary from myself was about how their club changed from within, their heart so to speak', and that was seen as bringing about the result of a premiership without it being a focus through the year.

New coach and encouragement enthusiasm and a bit of free reign may produce something special. Has with other clubs over the years.
Get excited...Im going for it...

15 wins

the point of the Richmond documentary from myself was about how their club changed from within, their heart so to speak', and that was seen as bringing about the result of a premiership without it being a focus through the year.

New coach and encouragement enthusiasm and a bit of free reign may produce something special. Has with other clubs over the years.
Get excited...Im going for it...

15 wins
Big call. I just want to be able to see the direction we are heading and a more professional looking unit. I'd take 10 and a direction. Hope you're right though

It did not escape my attention, that the outcome of this decision over the next few years lays at the boards feet according to Dale - except 4 years of failure due to the rebuild that they agreed to, doesn't lay at their feet for some reason. So basically, a public sacking filled with mealy mouthed words to tone down the sacking.

He said that Ross would have been gone irrespective of next years outcome. If he got us to a semi-final next year, I call BS to his statement - because you replace him and likely go backwards and your premiership window can disappear and this club needs a premiership. Let alone, what if he won the flag next year, do you think they'd sack him, the fickle fan base would be right behind Ross for several months after a flag and the board would probably have to answer to a please explain from the WAFC, so of course he'd get an extention signed at the end of next year if we went far in the finals.

The only thing of substance in that press conference, was when he said that 4 years of finals is unacceptable. Unacceptable is an absolute term, you do not get a participation award, there are consequences. The rest is filler as it would not do to just walk out and say that Ross is sacked.
Cool I got it: the only thing of substance is what you wanted to hang your previous post on.

Everything that doesn't agree with the narrative of Ross Lyon being unfortunately sacked before his little vanity project is finished is just filler.
I understand now.

Just so a simpleton like me is absolutely clear, could you please remind me of why the rebuild wasn't threatened when Harris was replaced by Alcock. Or when Bond got the sack. Or when Lloyd left. Or when the 30 plus players left.

Why is the rebuild only threatened when Lyon gets the sack? It's like the rebuild -- and the Footy club -- is only about him. Without him we are nothing. With him we are everything. Next year.

Why is he bigger than the Footy club?

Not having Rosco associated with Freo in any way shape or form is worth 10 wins for me so as long as we win 2-3 games minimum I'll be happy as Larry

I'm happy to bet my account against anyone we beat 9 wins though and that's before a new coach has been appointed

Not because I was a Ross fan but out of morbid curiosity (and I personally think the outs and the current club vibe is too unstable to go forward) I will hold you to this bet :p

Bah you'll see ...... tonygeeks account deathride confirmed

Good thing is next season is at least interesting now: We play like s**t then there's this to keep an eye out for. If we do well and get finals then who gives a s**t because footy will be fun again :thumbsu:

(I miss footy being interesting)

Better ball movement, which continues to get better over the season.

Hogan looks quality, >35 goals in 20+ games.

No more than 1 loss by over 50.

Better injury run, which no 2nd half of season tail-off.

11 or more wins.

you guys are completely forgetting one important detail, we finished 13th! guaranteed finals/grand final spot next year following the trend of tigers, collingwood and possibly bulldogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you guys are completely forgetting one important detail, we finished 13th! guaranteed finals/grand final spot next year following the trend of tigers, collingwood and possibly bulldogs
as I said, we got 9 wins this year.

we previously got 9 wins in 2002 and 2011, both years followed by finals the next season

Sadly, I feel next year will be worse than this year. I guess a great deal is going to depend on who our next coach is and who we are able to recruit. I’m not expecting miracles.

Ross Lyons an interesting one, clearly a tactical genius that takes apart his opposition side.
hawks 2013/15, bulldogs 2016, richmond 2017 and the slime 2018 all had a style that required the opposition to beat them.
ross lyon seems to develop a style thats all about beating the opposition.
Slightly different philosophy but to be the best i think you need a style that nobody can beat not beating the opposition.

So if we get a forward thinking coach we could go well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back