Nailed it! 2019 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear me out.

Yesterday morning I woke up, hungover one eye open wanted to make some “fake trades” to see how much money I would have left over for possible upgrades.

So I traded Whitfield to Newman to see how much money I would have, then I realised I couldn’t reverse trades mid round hahaha

I was stressed just wasted a trade on a keeper lol BUT I swallowed my pride & traded Whitfield back in & GUESS WHAT!!???

I have 30 trades again after using 2, I’ve refreshed/logged out & yep still got 30 trades after having 28 yesterday - it’s like HS felt sorry for me & returned it to 30?

Anyway I’m super stoked that I didn’t waste 2 trades! ****!

Hai_Newman Here2tellyouwhy
Keg on legs
Andrew Birch vast

So u actually confirmed the trade and newman was in ur team, then went back and traded newman to whitfield after?

Hear me out.

Yesterday morning I woke up, hungover one eye open wanted to make some “fake trades” to see how much money I would have left over for possible upgrades.

So I traded Whitfield to Newman to see how much money I would have, then I realised I couldn’t reverse trades mid round hahaha

I was stressed just wasted a trade on a keeper lol BUT I swallowed my pride & traded Whitfield back in & GUESS WHAT!!???

I have 30 trades again after using 2, I’ve refreshed/logged out & yep still got 30 trades after having 28 yesterday - it’s like HS felt sorry for me & returned it to 30?

Keg on legs
Andrew Birch vast
Well done, you found the other reverse trade button!
LOL A few people stuffed up and locked in a trade, but none has your conviction to reverse the move by making 2 trades

Last edited:

Hear me out.

Keg on legs
Andrew Birch vast
Its like they know you barrack for St Kilda

Hear me out.

Keg on legs
Andrew Birch vast

That is like the perfect Roughead out Roughead in maneuver my friend.

Kinda like Maverick at the end of Top Gun but still has his F-14 Tomcat intact (you have your 2 trades intact still)

The biggest thing i nailed was Lloyd + Nutting over Dunkley + Ridley. Traded Nutting in after Port played Melbourne to get Drew's 103 as my forward emergency and then used the money leftover to upgrade Ridley to Lloyd. Yes, i do lose a potential cash cow but instead of having a 4 gun forwardline featuring 2 underperformers in Heeney and Dunkley, i have a 3 gun forwardline which has allowed me to play both Drew and Setterfield/Parker. Instead of going in with no guns in my backline and having to stomach Mills as my highest priced defender as well as Ridley scoring a 70 and then getting dropped, ive got the best defender in the game and potentially one of the best scorers this year, of any position.

Looking at round 1, Dunkley and Ridley combined for (98 + 71) 169 and Lloyd + Drew combined for (131 + 103) 234 which is 65 more points.
Now last round, the difference wouldn't have been as pronounced as i would've fielded Duursma for Ridley and would've fielded Dunkley over Setterfield so thats a total of (78 + 76) 154 whereas i got Lloyd's 124 and Setterfield's 50 for 174, so thats a difference of 20 points. Over two rounds, ive gained 85 points from those 2 trades and have a much better structure with only 1 rookie to play in defence and 2 forward. I don't need to worry about how the hell i get
Lloyd in and whether i trade Dunkley/Ridley out.

I would argue that apart from the 85 point difference, one of the biggest benefits is that i now have more straightforward trades to make this round instead of worrying about whether Dunkley gets enough mid time to justify keeping or if Ridley will even get back into the side, let alone what he'll score if he does. Having both Nutting and Moore has allowed me a very handy loophole which is great this weekend as i can basically choose the 3 i field out of Moore/Duursma/Clark/Setterfield.

I think ive mentioned this enough in other threads but for once a last minute decision has actually paid off and looks like it may continue to do so. I have lost a cash cow but the flexibility that Moore and Nutting provide is great and sometimes it helps having a few non-playing rookies at the start of the season, for loophole purposes and if the rookie/s play later in the year it can be beneficial as you dont have all your cash cows maturing at once. I'm hoping Nutting gets a game later in the season but even without playing and because Moore is still in my team, Nutting is an asset.

Starting Libba, BCrouch,Rocky, Moore, Williams and Brodie Smith who are all averaging 90-100 with an average cost of about 350k. Mills was a burn, but hitting 6/7 out mid pricers is just outstanding
I also went with Mills plus all of those except for Fisher instead of Rocky. I'm happy enough with how they are scoring. Mills is gone this round though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to say so early.

Hoping that Going one less mid premo and running with Bcrouch and Libba instead is going to be a Nail! I think both are 110 capable, and at that price, the flexibility to get Lunchmeat (a ragret). In hindsight, I would have gone Lloyd but the balance is better with so many s**t forward rookies.

Whitfield (in last week), Lloyd and Libba are my biggest wins. Happy to have Williams, Brouch and T.Kelly (pending injury status). Gawndy ruck combo looking very solid too. Shame that i was greedy and made Fyfe captain last round though. I like my team, i only need to play 1 rookie forward this round if Kelly is fit as i can swing Moore forward so the 'nailed it' is that my structure is good.

Now after that positivity i shall head to the vent thread to vent about how i went from 1950/18 to 2272/22 (C)

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back