Nailed it! 2019 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chose Neale instead of Cripps as captain and also traded out Walsh.

Nailed it.

8ba2bed0d64652b2946bec76466580ec.gif

Zilliams - Nuff said...gun is still locked in my team.

Whitfield - Champ was gunning it, maybe should of picked Hurn over him, saved 20k...still it was nice to see peeps scrabbling to get him IN....it was beautiful.

Kirra - Cheers Obese Arachnid it was your input that swayed me on this pick...great to use him with Baby John for those first 12 weeks.

Brouch - He was actually a good pick, sweated over him and Libba so took both....Rocky was the better pick if you traded him on his sweet cherry spot of shitness.

Telly....grrr...hello sweet prince.

ROB ...WOW!! GUN ROOK STUD!!

Stack - I knew a bit about soooo...was a risky but Tiges injuries tore them apart.

If it wasn't for these last rooks 2 I was no chance of ever finishing a team.

Zilliams - Nuff said...gun is still locked in my team.

Whitfield - Champ was gunning it, maybe should of picked Hurn over him, saved 20k...still it was nice to see peeps scrabbling to get him IN....it was beautiful.

Kirra - Cheers Obese Arachnid it was your input that swayed me on this pick...great to use him with Baby John for those first 12 weeks.

Brouch - He was actually a good pick, sweated over him and Libba so took both....Rocky was the better pick if you traded him on his sweet cherry spot of s**tness.

Telly....grrr...hello sweet prince.

ROB ...WOW!! GUN ROOK STUD!!

Stack - I knew a bit about soooo...was a risky but Tiges injuries tore them apart.

If it wasn't for these last rooks 2 I was no chance of ever finishing a team.
Pretty much the exact same for me bar Telly. :cool:

Great minds think alike ;):moustache:

Last edited:
Had enough of Jack Gunston and needed to get of Caleb Daniel last week. I also don't have Gawn so I considered round 16 to be a chance to make up some ground.
Decided Robbie Gray was the best option considering his showdown form history. He wins his 5th showdown medal the first week I have him.
Old man Mundy was the other trade in and he managed a solid 84 in a Fremantle thrashing.
Helped me score 2534 the attempt to gain back some ground worked.

Also this isn't a classic 'nailed it' because I was too much of a coward to ever run with them, but late last season on this board I mentioned having Darcy Parish and Jack Ziebell on my 2019 FWD watch list as PODS.
Same for Jarman Impey who every season seems gets better and looks to have the game to be a decent SC scorer. If you have any of these 3 players you've probably been loving the past 8 weeks in particular.

Some little wins:
- Starting Dunks. First picked after Dangerfield. Took a while but he got his mid spot back and has been awesome.
- James Rose as an F6 has saved my a$$ the past few weeks, with Balta, R Young and Gardner spudding it up.
- Holding Zac Clarke all year finally came through with the goods and saved me copping a Gawn donut. His 38 points got me over the line in a couple H2H's...
- Hore > Sicily for virtually no cash during the byes now paying off.
- Holding Balta and letting him make some delicious cash that we never thought was coming.
- Looping Rowbottom's 99 last week over 3 other mid rookie scores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First 5 rounds.

Saw the writing on the wall with Angus
Heeney for Worps helped me with cash for Whitfield the next week.
Dunkley out was a big miss, but this helped get Whitfield in as well. Dunks was Roughied back in eventually!

Round 5 was golden!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back