Toast Nailed it! (2020 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can you believe that there are actually teams out there that DON'T have ALL 4 of those guys? :$

I can understand Coaches choosing to run with Whitfield over Dusty
And maybe 6 premium mids to choose from ... Cripps score actually unders on expectations

Doch i don’t get

Can you believe that there are actually teams out there that DON'T have ALL 4 of those guys? :$

I moved Cripps to Dunkley. My thinking was - whilst they both averaged 117 last year, Beveridge played Dunkley forward for the first 6 weeks of the year - where he averaged 86. Since he moved to the middle in Round 7, Dunkley averaged 128!, including scores of 202, 173, 169, etc (and he didn't miss a game). Wanted Crippla too so we'll see how it pans out.

I moved Cripps to Dunkley. My thinking was - whilst they both averaged 117 last year, Beveridge played Dunkley forward for the first 6 weeks of the year - where he averaged 86. Since he moved to the middle in Round 7, Dunkley averaged 128!, including scores of 202, 173, 169, etc (and he didn't miss a game). Wanted Crippla too so we'll see how it pans out.
I changed Dunkley back to Cripps for better balance of team structure over the byes .... that was smart wasn’t it (not)

Cripps is hardly a "nailed it".
Underscored what he was priced at and was the first time he's gone <126 against the Tigers since round 1 2017.

I thought he was shortchanged 20+ points. Still 30+ possies including 17 contested in a shortened game is impressive. On a different night with those same numbers would be a 140+. Let's see what the other uber-premo's score before declaring 112 (in a losing effort) unders.

KOTD Lynch managed 55 SC points from the worst game of his career and no goals. Check the stats, 22 AF points lol

When he kicks 5 goals he'll score 200 SC points

giphy.gif

I thought he was shortchanged 20+ points. Still 30+ possies including 17 contested in a shortened game is impressive. On a different night with those same numbers would be a 140+. Let's see what the other uber-premo's score before declaring 112 (in a losing effort) unders.
Six clangers. I'm surprised it wasn't more. Thought his kicking radar was well off beam.

KOTD Lynch managed 55 SC points from the worst game of his career and no goals. Check the stats, 22 AF points lol

giphy.gif
didn't get 1 last night against the blues!
how often will he kick 5?
while he will have some big games, you're already playing catch up after the first game.
love your positive attitude though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kicking let him down a lot. And only 2 tackles wasn't very Cripps like.

I've got him too, so I want him to go well.

But paying for a 117 average and getting a 112 first up isn't a win, let alone a nailed it. Still plenty of time to change that.

I don't have Cripps. He's a dangerous player to leave out but the fact he scored less than 90 in 6 of his last 12 games mean that other elite mids have a stronger claim on those initial 4-6 mid spots in my initial team.
I agree we have to see how the shortened quarters affect other elite premos, but Cripps' score/possessions ratio last night was in keeping with many of last year's games where he had a similar number of possessions. He did score highly on two occasions, but the following scores show last night's ratio was not unusual for him

R1 32 possessions for 126 points
R2 32 for 116
R3 28 for 157
R4 30 for 169
R6 28 for 93
R10 28 for 116
R17 28 for 115

I don't have Cripps. He's a dangerous player to leave out but the fact he scored less than 90 in 6 of his last 12 games mean that other elite mids have a stronger claim on those initial 4-6 mid spots in my initial team.

I agree we have to see how the shortened quarters affect other elite premos, but Cripps' score/possessions ratio last night was in keeping with many of last year's games where he had a similar number of possessions. He did score highly on two occasions, but the following scores show last night's ratio was not unusual for him

R1 32 possessions for 126 points
R2 32 for 116
R3 28 for 157
R4 30 for 169
R6 28 for 93
R10 28 for 116
R17 28 for 115

Ha, right up until last night, he was the only one of the elite mids that I had locked in. All of the other top10 mids have been in and out of my team a number of times. Each to their own, but I think you're downplaying his massive ceiling.

giphy.gif
That's a bigger rort than Martin scoring 126.

Ha, right up until last night, he was the only one of the elite mids that I had locked in. All of the other top10 mids have been in and out of my team a number of times. Each to their own, but I think you're downplaying his massive ceiling.
No I'm really not. I know he has possibly the highest ceiling of them all and that's why leaving him out worries me. But his low basement which he hit 6 times in his last 12 games last year worries me more. But as you say, too each his own. One of the best things this season is that there are so many legitimate choices among the star mids that teams will be very different.

LOL!!

Grundy (C) & Howe

This ^

Grundy C and I picked Howe the campaigner due to his price and pre season form.

That bloody prick owes me big time from 2 years ago when I picked him over Lloyd.

I have a long memory you kent....

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back