Toast Nailed it! (2020 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the restart , happily nailed these boys with mid price madness.

View attachment 871616View attachment 871618View attachment 871619View attachment 871620View attachment 871635
Jacobs & Naismith? Wow, ballsy approach. Off to a great start though! Viney looked very very impressive and given there were reports of his great pre-season it was not totally unexpected. He was in one of my draft teams briefly but to be honest i didnt really think too much about picking him. I know its only 1 round in, but what an inspired choice! Nice work

Jacobs & Naismith? Wow, ballsy approach. Off to a great start though! Viney looked very very impressive and given there were reports of his great pre-season it was not totally unexpected. He was in one of my draft teams briefly but to be honest i didnt really think too much about picking him. I know its only 1 round in, but what an inspired choice! Nice work

short season, probably 2 trades a week, important this year to make some serious cash early on imho, churn and burn . A couple of good scores left on the pine and a poor captain choice cost me a good score unfortunately 👍

short season, probably 2 trades a week, important this year to make some serious cash early on imho, churn and burn . A couple of good scores left on the pine and a poor captain choice cost me a good score unfortunately 👍
Churn and burn is right. Im seriously thinking about trading Naismith in as my R3 - for a long time in the pre season he was my R3 but a late change of heart saw me drop him - to get his price rise/s. Given how well rucks scored in the first round i think he is well underpriced. Only thing is that i will be downgrading in order to do that but i think Brayshaw -> Noble is an ok option. As much as i love mid-priced madness, and that is my strategy, this year with the earlier price changes its crucial to cut players sooner rather than later. We have basically 2 trades a week so that should be enough, trades that were once considered reactionary will now become crucial in order to maximise value and (ultimately) points.

My backline. I avoided all the popular spuds B.Smith/Houston/Laird/Roberton/Doedee/Noble from round 1 and went with a top 4 of Doch, Howe, Haynes, B.Williams (Dogs). Then i have Rivers, Brander and Starcevich. Z.Guthrie is the disappointment but at least i can trade him to someone like Hill when he is fit.

Also Petracca, Oliver and Gawn (c) were an awesome trio this round!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I started with Howe, so that's going well so far. Annoyed everyone had 12 weeks and 5 trades to get on for round 2. Under no illusions he'll continue at this pace, but still feels a good value guy to have picked from day dot.

Something that can occasionally get lost in the mix is getting your captaincy right. So far, Grundy 179 and Neale's 171. I'd be happy to keep up a 170+ skipper streak!

So far im glad I went with the ultra premo mids from the start. Macrae hasnt gone nuts but I still have faith.

I wasnt going to start Neale or Fyfe it was basically a last minute decision after the shorter season was announced and I was convinced we wouldnt have a season at all so just said f it. It feels good not to be stressing about having to find the money for these guys especially with the shitty cash gen my team looks to be producing at this stage. Well mainly the forward line rookies due to injuries.

Jy Simpkin. Will keep getting better, too.

Gawnstein. But Grundy is still a gun so it won't work every week.

I think he's a lock to be in the best 3-4 fwd's this year. Likely averages close to 25 touches a game.

He's going to be given the keys to the midfield and I actually think his score on the weekend was well under what it was in reality. Should of been 130+ he was the best midfielder on the ground.

He uses the ball beautifully.

Last edited:
I like that you mention him. Yes, he is massively popular (2nd only to Pickett) but for me at least it was not a clear cut call whether i go for him or not. In the end i couldnt disregard all the hype and what seemed like great job security so i picked him but for a while i was thinking of going reverse POD and saving the 80k which i would obviously regret massively now. I don't mind that practically everyone has him as i prefer to be glass half full so ill just be happy with his output while it remains awesome. Kid is definitely a jet!

One day, one day, I'll have something to post in one of these threads!

Until then suck my baws!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back