Injury Naitanui's knee

Remove this Banner Ad

Nic Thatsyournewknee

Bionic_knee.png

I'm led to believe the docs don't like to take the graft from the hammy these days as it seems to weaken the players hamstrings post operation.
Bob Murphy was saying on AFL360 the other week that his reco was from a graft off his hamstring. He was saying that at this stage of his rehab it is as much about his hammy as his knee.

I'm led to believe the docs don't like to take the graft from the hammy these days as it seems to weaken the players hamstrings post operation.
Hammy grafts are still super common, which yes can cause hammy strain issues in rehab
Other option is a patella tendon graft, but that can affect knee stability in jumping athletes. I think given Nic's game style that might be considered risky

The only thing I worry about is that when he comes back he will lose his leap. Hope thats not the case.

Edit:
He is a dead set Champion. What a bloke.
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/video/2016-08-23/ch7-naitanuis-positive-outlook
brought a tear to my eye when I saw it initially on Footy Classified. Really well spoken - he acknowledged the difficulty for himself and the team while providing a rational perspective on the injury in relation to the broader issues of the world.

Gun player. Gun person.

He lost his mum last year ....three weeks later he played

This bloke is mentally tough

He will be fine

The latest is surgeon is in west Perth ...and hybrid surgery using a graft from his hammie

I'll donate my hammie if it helps :D

Maybe it won't take inches off his vertical but it will impact his explosion getting off the ground and acceleration at grass level. Would we be better off with Majak from here on out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read a comment by Doc Larkin on the main board who stated that doing your ACL does not necessarily affect your leap afterwards, providing the rehab has been up to speed.

Doc Larkin is a hack

And he posts on BF?

Maybe it won't take inches off his vertical but it will impact his explosion getting off the ground and acceleration at grass level. Would we be better off with Majak from here on out?
Some people do give up easily. I'm sure there must have been top sprinters (Olympians),who over time must have done an ACL or two (you would think). Wonder how they have coped post op.

where did Fyfe go? On a flight.

Hoe are Ezy and Brown tracking? Its not just the op, its the strategy and recovery -Dockers and eagles should set up a base in melbourne so our players get the absolute best. I have had two rallies who go a top doctor to advise and they were both referred to a melbourne doc and recovery centre. And it wasn't major surgery like a knee reach. Where is the worlds best advice on larz etc. Swans send players OS. Keep away from local hacks I still say. Even the better hacks.
your posting about ortho surgeons in Perth is way off. But judging by your spelling and punctuation you're a few cushions short of a lounge suite.

Just stop with the perth bashing because its clear you dont work in the industry and have NFI what you're talking about.

Hammy grafts are still super common, which yes can cause hammy strain issues in rehab
Other option is a patella tendon graft, but that can affect knee stability in jumping athletes. I think given Nic's game style that might be considered risky
Yes the patella tendon graft was the one I heard many docs go with these days, but if it affects knee stability as you say, well then that doesn't sound the way to go in Nic's case. I'm sure the Club will take every precaution to make sure they go down the right path, and get the necessary advice from the medico's.

your posting about ortho surgeons in Perth is way off. But judging by your spelling and punctuation you're a few cushions short of a lounge suite.

Just stop with the perth bashing because its clear you dont work in the industry and have NFI what you're talking about.
to close for comfort hence the personal attack?

small gene pools give poor results. we live in the world and have access to all it offers.

to close for comfort hence the personal attack?

small gene pools give poor results. we live in the world and have access to all it offers.
Oh ok so because Perth is considered a small city that must mean our quality of medical practioners is below par right? Someone tell Jamaica that their country only has 3 million people so forget about producing world class sprinters at the olympics :rolleyes:

Oh ok so because Perth is considered a small city that must mean our quality of medical practioners is below par right? Someone tell Jamaica that their country only has 3 million people so forget about producing world class sprinters at the olympics :rolleyes:

Spray on skin

Bionic ear

Off the top of my head

Remove this Banner Ad

Back