Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Hoping the Suns monitor him closely over the remainder of the season especially if he starts playing again... would help alleviate some of the likely loss of Jacky Martin. Maybe some of Martin’s coin and a decent contract length could entice him north?

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Hoping the Suns monitor him closely over the remainder of the season especially if he starts playing again... would help alleviate some of the likely loss of Jacky Martin. Maybe some of Martin’s coin and a decent contract length could entice him north?

Possibly, I doubt our contract offer to him will be much more than the minimum but we would drive a hard bargain at the trade table as we have put a lot of time and effort into him without any real reward yet.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
No one will pay that. He is worthless with his injury history

Not far from the truth.

A late 3rd maybe tops.

Could see a club using him as medium forward and basically backing off the heavy training and match day loads you need to play midfield. Basically manage him in an attempt to get him fit enough to let his skills and natural talent add to the team.

The guy can play and its just disappointing for him he can't get a decent run at it.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
What driving a hard bargain?

Late 2nd would be the most you could hope for with his injury history.

What I mean is when GFC players are out of contract we usually move them to where they want to go for a nominal pick or pick swap without any fuss. If Nakia wanted to go I don't think we would be so accomodating. You are right we wouldn't get much for him.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
In his favour he hasn't even turned 23 yet. If by good luck or good management he was able to get his body right he still has a lot of footy potentially ahead of him.

Just watch the Hawks circle this guy. They need an injection of youth and have a bloody good record on the medical front. Cats fans would not enjoy this at all.

Gold Coast would be better.

Wouldnt mind the Eagles to nab him as steak knives as part of the Kelly trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Just watch the Hawks circle this guy. They need an injection of youth and have a bloody good record on the medical front. Cats fans would not enjoy this at all.

If someone else can get his body right then good in them, I just want to see him play consistently. Wish Menzel has kicked 30 goals already at Sydney and was killing it. Who the team is doesn’t make any difference really.

I just don't think the Cats would treat Nakia as a steak knives proposition. He is worth more to Geelong than any team would be willing to pay for him.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
First game back from injury. Half a game in the vfl.

Let's hope he can stay injury free

Would be just the sort Adelaide should be looking at. He can play inside and out and has great power.

IIRC, he was a late starter to the game so plenty of upside.

I'd give up our 2020/3 in a heartbeat

DanA

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Geelong
Loved the kid, always has a great attitude and plays tough. Injuries have been a cruel blow. If he doesn't stay at Geelong I hope he goes to Brisbane where the weather might be good for him. Top 10 pick on talent, wouldn't expect Geelong would ask for more than a token pick given injury history.

Why? He has had injuries but has talent in spades. If he can put it all together he could be a very good player.
Because now that Raphy's tweeted it it won't happen.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Why? He has had injuries but has talent in spades. If he can put it all together he could be a very good player.
Similar to Lincoln McCarthy, I knew he was going to be a great get for us if we could get his body right, I think he is going to be better than that, if he can get another full pre season into him this off season I think he'll be an A grade level player for us. Shown some fantastic signs when thrown into the midfield for short stints.

Back