Training Nakia Cockatoo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a side note, from my perspective the Hawks did an amazing job with his Hammies but more so from a buffering perspective, not a cure. They really strengthened his back, hips, hammies, calves etc which made them more robust, but his base postures were horrible. To me, those hammies could have come back at some point if he kept playing.

If you keep an eye out, you'll see the same issues with Bennell, Darcy Moore, Jamie Elliott, and anyone else with persistent calf, hammy, quad and probably groin issues (Daniher). Its criminally underrated.

i believe they worked on his running patterns as well to avoid the type of running that put strain on his hamstrings.

The fitness coach/'s always have him too weighty for preseason. Why does he always look like he could go UFC (I mean he looks fierce, but he's 6ft2) and Hawkins looks the trimmest he can possibly be?

because cockatoo is a naturally ripped beast whereas hawkins turns into a fat plodder if he isn't keeping slim

because cockatoo is a naturally ripped beast whereas hawkins turns into a fat plodder if he isn't keeping slim
Yeah, my opinion, Cockatoo shouldn't be that developed up top, he doesn't have calves, and his hamstrings have always been dodge.

Cocky's injury is very minor but when it comes to a player with a history of injury to the same area you'd expect them to be cautious.

I can understand the pessimism but we're still over a month away from the start of the season. It's not all doom and gloom.

Cocky is a bit like the Yeti a mythical creature that really no one has seen. He could be anything and is..people say they have seen him but it really is hard to believe in the Cocky. Jokes aside I actually have not seen him play although I believe he has played 30 odd games. Must be getting close to now or never for him. Reminds me of the Fremantle Wharfies of the 1980's plenty were on the payroll and living well but just never showed up for work.

To be fair just watched some highlights from 4 years ago...the guy has talent what a shame he cannot get on the park.

Last edited:
Cocky is a bit like the Yeti a mythical creature that really no one has seen. He could be anything and is..people say they have seen him but it really is hard to believe in the Cocky. Jokes aside I actually have not seen him play although I believe he has played 30 odd games. Must be getting close to now or never for him. Reminds me of the Fremantle Wharfies of the 1980's plenty were on the payroll and living well but just never showed up for work.

To be fair just watched some highlights from 4 years ago...the guy has talent what a shame he cannot get on the park.

I watched him play in a preseason game when he first joined us - down at Colac I think.

He did a few things then that really impressed. One was a mark he took horizontal to and close to the ground. I am pretty sure he was rising from his haunches when he took off and stuck it.

He would love to turn up for the real work but so far has not been able. It will be a bit like losing Lynch (as others have posted) or Egan (59 games in to something special) if he cannot get on to the park ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched him play in a preseason game when he first joined us - down at Colac I think.

He did a few things then that really impressed. One was a mark he took horizontal to and close to the ground. I am pretty sure he was rising from his haunches when he took off and stuck it.

He would love to turn up for the real work but so far has not been able. It will be a bit like losing Lynch (as others have posted) or Egan (59 games in to something special) if he cannot get on to the park ever.
At this stage the loss of Egan was the bigger tragedy. Athletic 6 foot 5 CHB's are hard to come by.

The club has been trying to rehabilitate Cocky for basically 5 years now, without any measurable success.

Early indications are that his sixth season could be just as dicey.

Another season on the LTI list will render him worthless.

Meantime Clarkson has said that of all opposing players he'd love to get Cocky.

I just hope 2020 doesn't see us throwing him on the scrap heap whilst wishing we'd lured Hawthorn into acting on Clarko's desire.

Still gets the table lifting.. could use abit of this streaming from half back through the Centre of the MCG against Richmond the pies or hawks.

Yep, but the only streaming Cocky has done in the last 5 years is Netflix.........

The club has been trying to rehabilitate Cocky for basically 5 years now, without any measurable success.

Early indications are that his sixth season could be just as dicey.

Another season on the LTI list will render him worthless.

Meantime Clarkson has said that of all opposing players he'd love to get Cocky.

I just hope 2020 doesn't see us throwing him on the scrap heap whilst wishing we'd lured Hawthorn into acting on Clarko's desire.

Hawthorn are no better chance of getting him up and running than we are. Birchall had the same injury - surgery on a PCL - and has hardly played a game in three years.

Yep, but the only streaming Cocky has done in the last 5 years is Netflix.........

so what?? Care to enlighten me on the great prospects he has held back with his list spot from joining the club??

will take the punt on getting a sublimely talented cockatoo right to go any day over delisting him for some pick 50’s dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back