Training Nakia Cockatoo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring all the jokes about him being invisible - has the club given a recent update on exactly WTF is going on and what stage he is at regarding senior football?

Ignoring all the jokes about him being invisible - has the club given a recent update on exactly WTF is going on and what stage he is at regarding senior football?
Yep, the club website published an injury update yesterday with info about Cockatoo and made for positive reading

Per above... Cocky building

Go Catters

Nakia Cockatoo was also prominent for the Cats in his long battle back from knee and hamstring injuries and O’Bree said one moment in particular got him excited.

“He got three quarters of football, probably the last minute of his three quarters is the Cocky we want to see where he just broke the game open, took a few bounces and kicked it deep inside our forward 50.”

“He’s done a fair bit of work and he got through unscathed and hopefully he pulls up okay.”

When’s he‘s 28 he’ll debut again for a solid 2 years.
They are being ultra-conservative.
thou can’t help but wonder if he was at Hawthorn they’d have his problem sorted by now and he’d be playing full seasons.

Didn't look that way to me....not sure how you can tell from that footage.
He just doesn't look as explosive as he did when I last saw him. Maybe he was holding back a little due to the hammy. He's a lot quicker than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That maybe the case but the more normal running posture will hopefully help the hammies.

Perhaps you are right on the money....it would explain why he's been out so long. Changes to running posture take time.

I recall another player going through a similar process with some success, but be stuffed if I remember who it was.

Perhaps you are right on the money....it would explain why he's been out so long. Changes to running posture take time.

I recall another player going through a similar process with some success, but be stuffed if I remember who it was.

Stevie J it was, if he could have half the impact SJ did, I’d be very pleased

Hawkins from memory had to change his running and kicking. Had issues with his feet I think

He's lost a yard of pace

not sure how you can tell from just that footage. Changed Angle of direction a few times and never hit a full stride and still the player couldn’t go with him.

not bad signs ey?

if I am correct Chris Scott did mention that the game played at night was a bit slippery so it might have been the same conditions earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back