Training Nakia Cockatoo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really. Okunbor is a defender.
Sorry, I wasn't talking about role or position, just physical capability. Sometimes they put players in defence in the VFL to teach them how to see the game in front of them.

I just saw a few clips of him bursting through the field and he reminded me of Cockatoo to a degree.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about role or position, just physical capability. Sometimes they put players in defence in the VFL to teach them how to see the game in front of them.

I just saw a few clips of him bursting through the field and he reminded me of Cockatoo to a degree.

Oh, yeah. But still. Okunbor definilkety wouldn't be as quick as Cocky. He may be stronger in a sense but you won't seem him breaking tackles and kcikng goals like Cocky would.

Oh, yeah. But still. Okunbor definilkety wouldn't be as quick as Cocky. He may be stronger in a sense but you won't seem him breaking tackles and kcikng goals like Cocky would.

Not so sure about the breaking tackles comment....the guys a beast.

Anyone know if Okunbar is a Cockatoo equivalent (in terms of athleticism)? He appears to be in the few clips I've seen of him.

Cockatoo is explosive. Power player. If fit.

Okunbor will rely more on covering ground and lots of it, if he gets a chance.
Like MOC did he has a lot to learn if he is to make it. No second tier comp in 2020 to get gameday awareness and a deeper grasp of the (dare I say it) running patterns will hurt his chances. An injury as well.

Like MOC did he has a lot to learn if he is to make it. No second tier comp in 2020 to get gameday awareness and a deeper grasp of the (dare I say it) running patterns will hurt his chances. An injury as well.
The Essendon clips from the scratch match indicated that he has an awful lot to learn about one-on-one aerial contests.

You think he'll go to Port?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know why he wanted to leave?

Surely not game time, thought he has been out through injury for most of his time?

Kid could still be a gun, really disappointed.
Players who miss a lot of time with injury often need a change of scenery. McCarthy, Vardy and the like all said the same.

That's it? After we pay him for years to recover, he wants to move?

McCarthy has shown some good footy too.
That's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Players have become impatient and hate waiting it out in the VFL. Look at the players we have retained and have got into our best 22 from the draft, players like Miers and Simpson who didn't take the opportunity for granted.

Does anyone know why he wanted to leave?

Surely not game time, thought he has been out through injury for most of his time?

Kid could still be a gun, really disappointed.
Think it's also that Brisbane was willing to put a multi year deal to him and ours may have only been a 1 year deal

Good luck to him up north

Same as Linc, rehab somewhere warm
Didn't he want two years and our offer was one?

Seemed to be over his leg issues this year. 24 year old aggressive brute with speed. Absolute steal by the Lions for a future third-round pick. We'll rue the day we gifted him to the Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back