Training Nakia Cockatoo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Chris Scott knows what best 22 is ...
but id bet my last dollar that NC would be in our best 22 if he was as fit as anyone at our club.
As it stands I think he may have the title role in the latest m night shyamalan movie. Another in a long line "if " players we have had on our list over the years. IF he played 22 games for us in 2019 ..I think we would be a much better side. Lets hope he can.
CS would know better than any of us.
Crockatoo has a bit of proving to do

sorry bud.... I'll do better next time if the words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup ...

Keep that up and I will spam you with Donnie Osmond videos.
See how evil I can be.:devil:

Keep that up and I will spam you with Donnie Osmond videos.
See how evil I can be.:devil:

Donnie Osmond... ? Man thats harsh.. take a deep breath....with a little luck, we can help it out...we can make this whole damn thing work out. .. then again..we could all jus be sitting on a cornflake ..waiting for the van to come... be calm ..there is no pain, you are receding a distant ship smoke on the horizon...

;)

Donnie Osmond... ? Man thats harsh.. take a deep breath....with a little luck, we can help it out...we can make this whole damn thing work out. .. then again..we could all jus be sitting on a cornflake ..waiting for the van to come... be calm ..there is no pain, you are receding a distant ship smoke on the horizon...

;)

I warned you Turbo. I am not a bloke to be messed with.

Take that!:poo:

Fingers crossed, definitely a talent from what we've seen. Seeing similar storylines over here in Adl, with Brad Crouch. Whilst Crouch has etched out a few more games WHEN fit then cocky, Crouch hasn't missed a beat before Christmas. Both add that extra dimension to there sides onball. When fit to be picked, they'll play cocky. Probably ease him into it 80-90% fwd. Would love to see him deep fwd with TH, GA'J, Dalhaus; Sav first picked for the other kf pillar. Competition for the remaining fwd spots will be competitive, with more choices then spots.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah me too. It's a massive season for Cocky, he can't afford to go down again.
We cant afford to keep him if he does. Lets hope he gets up and shows us what we ll think hes capable of.
Equally, if he cant get the body right this year, lets not hang onto ANOTHER perpetually injured player Lets hope weve learnt our lesson

We cant afford to keep him if he does. Lets hope he gets up and shows us what we ll think hes capable of.
Equally, if he cant get the body right this year, lets not hang onto ANOTHER perpetually injured player Lets hope weve learnt our lesson

Don’t necessarily disagree but imo he gets this and next year. The pcl was result of impact from opposition in play and that’s hard to assess on him imo.
That said - that was last year and he’s had time to recover so whilst I’ll accept a slow build I want to see progression and consistency

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the average for players going down with season ending injuries during pre-season?
Mitchell's misfortune at least lengthens the odds for Cocky.

Not sure, but Hawthorn must be ropeable with Scott for injuring their best player :cool:

Sorry, couldn't resist.......

Yes agreed.

Im less bullish than most on Cockatoo. He has shown some promise granted but i don't necessarily think hes done enough to be considered automatic best 22 at this point.

He's 100% best 22 when fit. A problem that seems to re-occur, is that as soon as he is fit, they seem to put him straight into the seniors, there doesn't seem to be a lot of match conditioning / hardening getting done in the 2nds.

I reckon he's a ripper and would love to see him get some good continuity. Having said that, if he barely plays this coming season then it's just about curtains for him.

How many times do you need to see the writing on the wall before you accept reality. The guys body simply isn't up to the rigors of AFL. Genetic lottery. It sucks for the club but another lesson for our recruiters who go hunting for injury prone kids with 'potential'

How many times do you need to see the writing on the wall before you accept reality. The guys body simply isn't up to the rigors of AFL. Genetic lottery. It sucks for the club but another lesson for our recruiters who go hunting for injury prone kids with 'potential'
Reckon he still has some time. This year is crucial for his career.
Really need 10-15 games from him. Not sure how achievable that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back