Recommitted Nakia Cockatoo [re-signed for 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

If fit would suit a need at the Suns, but would want a thorough medical to make sure he is over his injuries.

Id parallel him to McCarthy. I doubt he go's anywhere unless Cockatoo instigates it. He has had a poor run of injuries.. and it was always a risk to deny history ..his upside is huge as he offers something not many do. Id say it would be ideal for all if he can get back and remind all of what he can do.

Last edited:

Id parallel him to McCarthy. I doubt he go's anywhere unless Cockatoo instigates it. He has had a poor run of injuries.. and it was always a risk to deny history ..his upside is huge as he offers something not many do. Id say it would be ideall for all if he can get back and remind all of what he can do.
Far more talented than McCarthy which i think is reflected in draft positions of both

Far more talented than McCarthy which i think is reflected in draft positions of both

When a cloud hangs over you... your draft position is a long gone sunny day.. ask scully. if we were to trade him ..at this moment in time .. if mid season trade were on..he would get a us basically zip. We got Rohan for a pick in the 60's. We let Thurlow go for much the same..both R1 picks.. and Cockatoo has not been playing.
Its all a bit irrelevant...as I dont see us not offering him a contract.. just hope he hist the ground again before years end

Draft position matters if you are playing. Jack Watts still went for pick 30ish because he was a regular and former pick 1.

Someone like Liam Duggan is no star but is young enough we'd still think of him as a former pick 13 if he was up for trade.

Once you've missed a lot of footy it's a bit different whether you are a pick 10 or a guy rated worth that in a trade based on output. Elliott from Collingwood you'd take in a heartbeat for 22 games a season but if you sign him for 3 years how many do you really think you'll get? Risk drives value down. It's part of the reason Lachie Neale is an upgrade on Beams.

Cockatoo I reckon most fans just want to see play a full season wherever.

When a cloud hangs over you... your draft position is a long gone sunny day.. ask scully. if we were to trade him ..at this moment in time .. if mid season trade were on..he would get a us basically zip. We got Rohan for a pick in the 60's. We let Thurlow go for much the same..both R1 picks.. and Cockatoo has not been playing.
Its all a bit irrelevant...as I dont see us not offering him a contract.. just hope he hist the ground again before years end
I agree I’m just saying one is more naturally talented

Hope port make a play could be what he needs a fresh start.

Draft position matters if you are playing. Jack Watts still went for pick 30ish because he was a regular and former pick 1.

Someone like Liam Duggan is no star but is young enough we'd still think of him as a former pick 13 if he was up for trade.

Once you've missed a lot of footy it's a bit different whether you are a pick 10 or a guy rated worth that in a trade based on output. Elliott from Collingwood you'd take in a heartbeat for 22 games a season but if you sign him for 3 years how many do you really think you'll get? Risk drives value down. It's part of the reason Lachie Neale is an upgrade on Beams.

Cockatoo I reckon most fans just want to see play a full season wherever.
i probably misinterpreted what you said but were you saying you think duggan would still hold his value for a pick 13 in a trade?

i probably misinterpreted what you said but were you saying you think duggan would still hold his value for a pick 13 in a trade?

I don't think we'd rate him that highly, but I do it would be a back of mind consideration. Be a different proposition if he wasn't a regular fixture and guys like Cole, Rotham etc. were getting games ahead of him.

I don't think we'd rate him that highly, but I do it would be a back of mind consideration. Be a different proposition if he wasn't a regular fixture and guys like Cole, Rotham etc. were getting games ahead of him.

If he stays fit Duggan will be a 200 game player.

Potential to be as good as Hurn as he gets older and matures.

Future captain material.

Eagles would only consider a trade if he asked for one IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The date is given..only positive statements about he is now the best he has been in the 12 months .. I get the feeling its 4-6 weeks ..so he will be lucky to make any sort game this year now
Interesting so will go his whole contract year without an afl game

Reckon a fresh start would be best for him then

He is worth jack s**t given his injury history and inconsistency as such.

Worth so much more to Geelong than they would ever get, from anyone.

Unless he wants a change of scenery, can't see him moving. Would be a 3rd round pick at an absolute stretch, which is not a knock on his talent (which he has).

What's happened to this guy?

Not much really. He's played 34 games in 4 and a half years. Constantly injured and hasn't played since Rd 2 last year.

He's a stay for not much or leave for not much proposition really. You'd like to see him string a few games together though.

I don't get Geelong, there must be something in the water. Vardy and McCarthy hang around for years and can't string games together then leave and immediately start playing regular footy, yet somehow Gary Rohan turns up and plays 14/15 games and career best footy. Got me beat.

Not much really. He's played 34 games in 4 and a half years. Constantly injured and hasn't played since Rd 2 last year.

He's a stay for not much or leave for not much proposition really. You'd like to see him string a few games together though.

I don't get Geelong, there must be something in the water. Vardy and McCarthy hang around for years and can't string games together then leave and immediately start playing regular footy, yet somehow Gary Rohan turns up and plays 14/15 games and career best footy. Got me beat.

I think sometimes just a change of methods with the medical team, plus a new workplace works wonders. Happens with a lot of players, not just us, but it shows more because we have a habit of keeping chronically injured players on the list for half their career.

He is worth jack s**t given his injury history and inconsistency as such.

Worth so much more to Geelong than they would ever get, from anyone.

Unless he wants a change of scenery, can't see him moving. Would be a 3rd round pick at an absolute stretch, which is not a knock on his talent (which he has).

He's worth very little, just some value for potential. Hope we keep him but if he wants to leave, he goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back