Opinion Name 3 things you would like to see in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

1-Oscar fit for the season
2-team tackle like mad bastards
3-Willy leaves the ground on a stretcher

I get the frustration with Junior, but I don't think he planned to get suspended, derail our season and bail shortly after returning.

He's a good meaning guy who made a few bad decisions but is a joy to watch. I hope he is pushing AA but Port are bottom 4.

I get the frustration with Junior, but I don't think he planned to get suspended, derail our season and bail shortly after returning.

He's a good meaning guy who made a few bad decisions but is a joy to watch. I hope he is pushing AA but Port are bottom 4.
He didn't plan to, but that's what he did.

I don't want to see him stretchered off, but I hope it all blows up in Port's face.

What picks of ours are tied to port, was it 2nd rnd?
Yeah have Ports 2nd and 3rd round picks

So best (realistic) case and they finish say 12th - we’ll get picks 25 and 43

Worst case and they finish 5th (can’t see them higher than that) - we’ll get picks 32 and 50

We have all of our 2023 picks

Honest question, have we ever traded up for elite talent? I only ever recall dropping back for additional draft picks
No we haven’t

A big reason for that is trading up is expensive and this year is likely to be even moreso

Our best opportunity will be to bundle later picks for the Suns 1st round pick as they’ll need points for their academy prospects. We also won’t be the only club trying that so the asking price will be significant

Trading a future 1st to get another pick this year would be the best option but again due to the prospective strength of this years draft it’ll be hard to get a top 10 pick with just our future 1st

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No we haven’t

A big reason for that is trading up is expensive and this year is likely to be even moreso

Our best opportunity will be to bundle later picks for the Suns 1st round pick as they’ll need points for their academy prospects. We also won’t be the only club trying that so the asking price will be significant

Trading a future 1st to get another pick this year would be the best option but again due to the prospective strength of this years draft it’ll be hard to get a top 10 pick with just our future 1st

Secretly hoping for a repeat of the 2017 trade with the Suns. What a trade that was!

1/ A relatively ‘normal’ level of availability each week more in line with the rest of the competition.

2/ A willingness to promote players who are showing consistent form in the WAFL over anyone underperforming no matter who they are.

3/ A game plan which promotes faster ball movement and to stick to it even if we’re getting beaten.

1/ A relatively ‘normal’ level of availability each week more in line with the rest of the competition.

2/ A willingness to promote players who are showing consistent form in the WAFL over anyone underperforming no matter who they are.

3/ A game plan which promotes faster ball movement and to stick to it even if we’re getting beaten.
Would love to see #2 done when needed, rockets up ar$$'s.

Honest question, have we ever traded up for elite talent? I only ever recall dropping back for additional draft picks

No we haven’t

Drew Banfield and Michael Gardiner

Drew Banfield and Michael Gardiner
They were the result of trading players not pick swaps

And unfortunately you’ll need better than the likes of Ian Downsborough, Tony Begovich and Scott Waters to get the No. 1 pick in a draft these days

No we haven’t

What about for Michael Gardiner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back