Name a Game , AFL match archive is closing down June 30th

Remove this Banner Ad

Never actually looked at this service before. Who the **** is paying 35 bucks for one game?
People before online streaming.

Hence business now closing down.

People before online streaming.

Hence business now closing down.
Even so. 35 bucks is a bit rich.

Anyhoo, surely this is just another step closer to an AFL network now. All games streamed live and the back catalog of all available leagues available for a subscription...

Even so. 35 bucks is a bit rich.

Anyhoo, surely this is just another step closer to an AFL network now. All games streamed live and the back catalog of all available leagues available for a subscription...
This would be amazing - which is why the AFL won't do it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Channel 7 delete a lot of their old footage years ago?

Channel seven threw out a lot of the old tapes and footage that existed when Christopher Skase bought Channel Seven back in the late 80’s

It was seen by him as having no value and should be tossed out , it was seen to be cheaper to get rid of it than spending money to keep and store or to have to restore any of it for any future needs

Channel seven threw out a lot of the old tapes and footage that existed when Christopher Skase bought Channel Seven back in the late 80’s

It was seen by him as having no value and should be tossed out , it was seen to be cheaper to get rid of it than spending money to keep and store or to have to restore any of it for any future needs

facepalm.jpg

Such a shame. One of the things I love about the NFL and WWE is that they have valued their back catalogue of tape not only for historic purposes but also for being able to make new documentaries etc

There is a tonne of footage owned by people who taped their own stuff off tv, I would have thought the AFL would be interested in obtaining and restoring as much as possible.

The picture quality of footage from the 1990s is surprisingly good. Had Channel 7 moved to digital tape by that time? What technology was it? If it was still magnetic tape I presume it would have been the best tape money could buy. I have heard that magnetic tape is actually capable of very high audio and picture quality when it is not worn out (hence why rock band studio tapes can be remastered with good results).

I think a lot of footage from the 60s was lost. Also a lot of old footage is from people who taped the game on VHS.

There are lots of older shows, now considered 'Classics' that no longer exist. They just erased the older shows as new ones were made. Really sad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back