Name a Game DVDs $10 today only

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I have a ton of name a games already. Been buying them since 2011. I have also decided to add to my list to get Round 21 2009 North v Saints where north win a thriller and leave st Kilda at 19-2

what's the oldest games you have and what is the picture quality like?

Oh. It was a long time ago (at least 6-7 years). I picked them up from a warehouse in Richmond.
yeah good luck trying now then, if you do let us know, but I think I tried and itfailed so I waited months until the $10 sale.
and your right about the quality, I have old games from 1991-2004 and most look bit average to what they could / should look like especially compareed to their remastered box set releases

I have some games from 2000-2002 and they are horrible quality. It really looks like they converted a VHS tape to DVD.

thanks, that's what I was afraid of - I have the Essendon ANZAC Matches set and the early ones (especially 2003) is almost un-watchable.

I've got a couple of late 80's early 90's games and they're in reasonable condition with regards the footage. It really is pot luck with the games going back beyond 2000. They're basically copied direct from VHS, it's only really the GFs that they make an attempt at converting properly.

I'd love a copy of the 1982 Qualifying Final between Carlton and Hawthorn.
It was the infamous one where Wayne Johnston whacked a Hawk player and ignoring the player code at the tribunal the player said Jonho hit him and Jonhston got suspended two weeks. He was filthy on the Hawk player for dobbing when usually players tried to help get the other off and sort their differences out on battlefield in future. If Carlton won the next game Johnston season was over there and then. Not fun. For him to keep the dream alive he needed us to lose the next week, use our double chance and win the preliminary final to get back for the grand final. Amazingly that is what happened.

Naturally it is easy to see the grand final somewhere on video and you see Johno basically create the first two goals in about a minute when he was unleashed like a caged lion. However, I'd love to see the Qualifying Final as I believe it was actually the best football we played. I think in one quarter we kicked 11 goals in final against Hawks and Wayne Harmes kicked 4 goals at one stage in about a 10 to 15 minute blitz. I'd love to see it again but all I got are the vague memories as a kid seeing it on channel 7 on the 6-30 pm replays they used to have back then.

I fear these videos no longer exist and channel 7 did not keep them.
Is this the case or is there still a way of seeing it somewhere ?

I've got a couple of late 80's early 90's games and they're in reasonable condition with regards the footage. It really is pot luck with the games going back beyond 2000. They're basically copied direct from VHS, it's only really the GFs that they make an attempt at converting properly.
What games do you have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone see the new classics boxes? i just bought the Melbourne one from JB HI-FI, 6 games picked in a box for $34 at JB. From what i've seen about every team has one bar the expansion sides

Man, I've been after that r19 1993 Cats def Hawks game for ages! It's the only one of that 5 game streak that you can't get on name a game anymore.

Not able to make a copy by any chance?

I went a bit overboard, but I guess it's not everyday that Name a Game DVDs are going for $10 a pop. :eek:

Anyhow, here's what I ordered:

1st Semi-final, 1989 - Geelong vs Melbourne (63 point smashing. Geelong bouncing back from a 76 point slaughter the week before.)
Preliminary final, 1989 - Geelong vs Essendon (94 point smashing. Got it simply for the Gary Ablett show.)
Round 18, 1993 - Geelong vs North Melbourne (Ablett's first ton. Ends up kicking 10 on Mick Martyn as Geelong make a belated run for a finals berth with a 94 point smacking.)
Round 19, 1993 - Geelong vs Hawthorn (82 point win as the Geelong juggernaut continues to gain momentum.)
Second Semi Final, 1994 - Geelong vs Carlton (No Hocking, Bairstow, Couch and Hinkley, yet Geelong manage to win by 33 points to condemn Carlton to a straight-sets finals exit.)
Round 8, 1995 - Geelong vs Richmond (Tiger army up and running, coming into the game undefeated, but ran into a red hot Geelong, losing by 12 goals)
Round 9, 1995 - Geelong vs North Melbourne (Geelong down by a point at half time, but run amok in the 2nd half en route to a 10 goal win)
Round 11, 1995 - Geelong vs Essendon (Another classic Cats-Bombers clash in the 90's. Geelong winning by 11 points.)
Round 13, 1995 - Geelong vs West Coast (Grand final replay. Geelong overcome a goal-less first quarter to win by 52 points.)
State of Origin, 1995 - Victoria vs South Australia (EJ's lap of honour)
Round 1, 1996 - Geelong vs Melbourne (127 point smashing. Probably Ablett's last hurrah as he bags a lazy 9.)
Round 4, 1997 - Geelong vs Essendon (Geelong sneak home by 7 points in another 90's thriller between the two sides.)
Round 18, 1997 - Geelong vs Port Adelaide (Geelong avenge their earlier loss with a 85 point win, punctuated by a 10 goal final term. Probably Jason Snell's finest game.)
Round 7, 1998 - Geelong vs Essendon (Another single figure margin between these two sides, as Geelong sneak home by 9 points.)
Round 12, 1998 - Geelong vs Melbourne (Geelong keep Melbourne goalless for the first half en route to a 95 point drubbing that was marred by a season ending injury to Ben Graham.)
Round 22, 1998 - Geelong vs Essendon (Geelong end their poorest season in recent memory with a 10 point victory in the last game with Hovey as president.)
Round 18, 2000 - Geelong vs Adelaide (7 point thriller, with a young Joel Corey kicking the winning goal.)
Round 22, 2000 - Geelong vs Sydney (4 point thriller for a spot in the finals. Paul Kelly launches a long bomb on the final siren, but just misses.)
Round 14, 2001 - Geelong vs Collingwood (Purely for the Clint Bizzell specky fest.)
Round 4, 2002 - Geelong vs St.Kilda (122 point spanking. Getting it only to see a young Ablett jnr pinch the ball out of Trent Knobel's hands, and a young bloke who was then known as Jarad putting Stewie Loewe on his butt with a ripping shirt-front.)
Round 12, 2002 - Geelong vs Sydney (2 point thriller.)
Round 15, 2002 - Geelong vs Collingwood (28 point win. Memorable for Buckley smearing his blood on Ling's jumper.)
Round 16, 2002 - Geelong vs Essendon (Purely for the lols of watching Kingsley destroy Dustin Fletcher.)
Round 14, 2003 - Geelong vs Port Adelaide (1 point thriller with Ben Graham kicking the winning goal.)
Round 5, 2005 - Geelong vs Port Adelaide (Another thriller, with Tredrea seemingly being molestered by Scarlett seconds before the final siren.)

Man, I've been after that r19 1993 Cats def Hawks game for ages! It's the only one of that 5 game streak that you can't get on name a game anymore.

Not able to make a copy by any chance?

Unfortunately that was one of the few of that lot I didn't receive. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back