SnakeBaker#29

Debutant
Apr 8, 2010
On top of the pack
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St. Louis Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys
Last year we put out a fantastic 6 games DVD Box set of Carlton Classics.

We're doing another and need your nominations.

Please dont elect the following games as they made up Volume 1. (Get it from Blues Shop or Shop.AFL.com.au)

1994 ROUND 22 VS WEST COAST EAGLES
1996 ROUND 5 VS WEST COAST EAGLES
1998 ROUND 17 VS WESTERN BULLDOGS
1999 PRELIMINARY FINAL VS ESSENDON
2009 ROUND 8 VS COLLINGWOOD
2011 ELIMINATION FINAL VS ESSENDON

What has to be in the new set?

Round 6, 2011

Chris Judd v Sydney, SCG

The Blues trailed this game by 14 points at half-time until Judd took over. Of his 33 disposals, 21 came in the second half when he almost single-handedly dragged his team over the line. He was already by then recognised as the league's premier clearance player – for his ability not only to win them, but burst away and turn them into scores – but even for Judd this was out of control. He obliterated the Swans at the stoppages with a career-high 15 takeaways. That's right, 15 – seven more than anyone else on the field. No other Carlton player had more than 15 contested possessions. Judd had 25.

Round 6, 2011

Chris Judd v Sydney, SCG
Was at that game. Sat out in the rain all game. Was the sweetest victory I've ever seen considering our record there. Belting out the song out of the ground with all the disgruntled Swans supporters was delightful as well.

1970 GF vs Collingwood
1987 Rd 22 vs North Melbourne
1995 Rd 12 vs Geelong
1995 Rd 21 vs West Coast
2007 Rd 3 vs Essendon
2013 Rd 23 vs Port Adelaide
The Elimination final against Richmond should make an appearance.

Apart from that, I'd love the win against Collingwood that snapped our equal longest losing streak. Someone might be able to point out what year that was?
Any idea what the year/round the Collingwood game I referenced is HBF?

Any idea what the year/round the Collingwood game I referenced is HBF?

Round 4, 2008.

We had tanke......ahem, lost our last 11 matches in 2007 under Pagan/Ratten and then started off the new year with 3 more losses.

Facing a record losing streak and heavy underdogs against the arch enemy, Fev kicks 6 or 7 and we walk away with a 3-4 goal win.

#wasthere

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 4, 2008.

We had tanke......ahem, lost our last 11 matches in 2007 under Pagan/Ratten and then started off the new year with 3 more losses.

Facing a record losing streak and heavy underdogs against the arch enemy, Fev kicks 6 or 7 and we walk away with a 3-4 goal win.

#wasthere
You're a god amongst men (and women)!

Round 4, 2008 please! Eddie's face was outstanding that day :D

Round 4, 2008.

#wasthere

Was there as well!

1970 GF vs Collingwood
1987 Rd 22 vs North Melbourne
1995 Rd 12 vs Geelong
1995 Rd 21 vs West Coast
2007 Rd 3 vs Essendon
2013 Rd 23 vs Port Adelaide
Definitely last H & A 1987. Was there - what a ******* clinker. Sticks won us the flag that day with a skewif, up country shank that died on its trajectory but still fell through - after the bell.

Definitely last H & A 1987. Was there - what a ******* clinker. Sticks won us the flag that day with a skewif, up country shank that died on its trajectory but still fell through - after the bell.
I was working in Melbourne from Canberra in 1987 and I remember this game like yesterday. Funny how your memory works.

Only downside was I mentioned to my dad I was going and would he like to come - he must have said yes - I forgot all about him - till I was gabbling later on about how it was one of the best matches ever - he said he waited an hour out the front of the house in his jacket and tie before quietly going back inside to sit in the dark. No two ways about it - I'm a dog.

Last edited:
Was crook as a dog but I begged my parents to take me. Spent most of the match in first aid and was lucky enough to see the end of the game. Memorable day.....

Although I have to say over the last 15 years I too have ended up in the hands of St Johns with chronic eye-strain, projectile vomiting and heart palpitations from witnessing the putrid efforts of the Blues. One kindly first-aider suggested I wear dark glasses to protect me from the worst of my teams' incessant s**t-spray. I told her the goggles did nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back