Opinion Name A Game for new 6 DVD Classics Box Set

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, it's two months later now, and I was just wondering how close we are to knowing which games will feature on the new DVD collection. Would you believe, I'm asking on behalf of a friend.
Hi. Hope I'm not on the wrong track here, skim reading quickly at work. Our second Classics pack came out a fair while ago. There's nothing listed on JB Hi Fi's website but I found this:
https://www.dvdland.com.au/products...MI8dap2cza1gIViARoCh1xWQkaEAYYASABEgJU7vD_BwE
If that's what you're looking for I reckon JB will have it, even though it's not listed.
As I say, hope I'm looking at the right thing here. Hope it helps!
Cheers.

Hi. Hope I'm not on the wrong track here, skim reading quickly at work. Our second Classics pack came out a fair while ago. There's nothing listed on JB Hi Fi's website but I found this:
https://www.dvdland.com.au/products/AFL-CLASSICS-%2d-WESTERN-BULLDOGS-2.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8dap2cza1gIViARoCh1xWQkaEAYYASABEgJU7vD_BwE
If that's what you're looking for I reckon JB will have it, even though it's not listed.
Cheers.

Thanks for linking that! Out of nowhere they have appeared.

For people who can't click at work.

1999 ROUND 16 VS ADELAIDE CROWS
Down 40 points with a quarter to play, the Dogs battle to a 2-point win

2000 ROUND 3 VS PORT ADELAIDE
Chris Grant kicks seven in the Bulldogs' first ever win at Docklands

2006 ROUND 4 VS GEELONG
The Bulldogs secure a 1-point victory in a back-and-forth encounter

2008 ROUND 3 VS ST KILDA
Down by 37-points, future Brownlow-winner Adam Cooney inspires the Dogs to a 37-point victory

2015 ROUND 15 VS GOLD COAST SUNS
26-points down with a quarter to play, seven goals in the final 11 minutes secure a big win in Cairns

2016 ROUND 15 VS SYDNEY SWANS
In the Grand Final preview, Jason Johannisen kicks the winner with just seconds remaining

Kind of disappointing there's no 1980s

2006 ROUND 4 VS GEELONG

2008 ROUND 3 VS ST KILDA
Down by 37-points, future Brownlow-winner Adam Cooney inspires the Dogs to a 37-point victory

26-points down with a quarter to play, seven goals in the final 11 minutes secure a big win in Cairns

In the Grand Final preview, Jason Johannisen kicks the winner with just seconds remaining

No worries!! I think a whole batch came out at the same time for all clubs and it was a few months ago now. Yours might have been later possibly!
I was actually skimming your board looking for info on when your full season box set came out last year. It has every game of 2016 and it's only $120. I'm hoping they'll do it for us this year and curious when it might come out.
Enjoy your classics!!!!!!!
EDIT: Earliest game on either of our two packs is 1991. I don't think they have any 80s available. We have a few on youtube, might be worth hunting for some of yours if you haven't already.

Last edited:

No worries!! I think a whole batch came out at the same time for all clubs and it was a few months ago now. Yours might have been later possibly!
I was actually skimming your board looking for info on when your full season box set came out last year. It has every game of 2016 and it's only $120. I'm hoping they'll do it for us this year and curious when it might come out.
Enjoy your classics!!!!!!!

Our 2016 premiers set was at JB HIFI on 09/08/17 according to the website.

Our 2016 premiers set was at JB HIFI on 09/08/17 according to the website. It was pretty fast.
Isn't it nice saying "Our Premiers DVD set" :D:D
There's a Premier's set with just the finals and a box set with the whole season including finals. Not sure if that box set came out as quickly.
Best wishes for next year mate :thumbsu:

https://www.dvdland.com.au/products/AFL-CLASSICS-%2d-WESTERN-BULLDOGS-2.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8dap2cza1gIViARoCh1xWQkaEAYYASABEgJU7vD_BwE
Cheers.
The Second Volume for Bulldogs comes out on November 1

The Bulldogs Shop hasnt ordered any yet.

Please get onto them.

these are the games included

Chris Grant kicks seven in the Bulldogs’ first ever win at Docklands

2006 ROUND 4 VS GEELONG

2008 ROUND 3 VS ST KILDA

The Second Volume for Bulldogs comes out on November 1

The Bulldogs Shop hasnt ordered any yet.

Please get onto them.

these are the games included

Chris Grant kicks seven in the Bulldogs’ first ever win at Docklands

2006 ROUND 4 VS GEELONG

2008 ROUND 3 VS ST KILDA

Ahhh, cool. I was assuming it came out when the other teams did. Cheers.

Round 17 1990 vs Pies at the G, Dogs by 3 points Kolyniuk goal.
Round 10 1978 vs Blues at WO. Dogs by 21, 8 goals to 2 last quarter. KT 9 goals
Round 13 1978 vs StKilda, Dogs by over 100, KT 15.9
Round 5 1985 vs Essendon, Dogs by 7 goals, 7 goals to none 3rd quarter.
Round 14 2009 vs Hawks, Dogs by 88, Hawks goalless at HT.
Round 13 1982 vs Hawks at WO. Dogs by 3 goals, Dogs 8 goals to none in the last quarter. Dogs won the spoon that year, Hawks won the flag in 1983.

And there was a game , I think about 1991 played Carlton at WO won 8.9 to 1.10 on a cold wet day, Carlton's only goal was from a bullsh*t free at the 27 minute mark of the last quarter.
And a 50 metre penalty to Mark Arceri iirc

Would have preferred to beat the Crows in the finals in 1997 or 1998 instead. I remember the media used the revenge line in 1999 when we won. Bit of a stretch.
Then again just made the 2016 success even sweeter.
Hopefully our next drought breakers will be finals wins vs Geelong ,or any win for that matter against the Cats.
Yes. Great win. 40 points down at 3 qtr time, Darcy dominated the ruck last qtr we win by 2 points 99’ V Crowd at G. That was our best come back game along with the win V North at Manika when we were about 35 points down, Johnno kicked the winning goal off the ground!

2006 ROUND 4 VS GEELONG

2008 ROUND 3 VS ST KILDA

Disappointed the game against St. Kilda in 2004 wasn't there. That was epic.

Probably the best early memory I have of the football club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back