Name and Shame AFLX Fans

Remove this Banner Ad

What about people who have an opinion on other people having an opinion on other people having an opinion about it?

Say that again Darce?

Seriously though AFLX is symptomatic of how much the AFL has lost its way. The Fish Creek footy club is over 120 years old and they and their league may have to fold at the end of this season due in large part to mismanagement of the sport at a state and national level. I would rather see no 'spectacle' of a pre season and the AFLs resources directed into promoting and building the game at a regional level. I can tell you from personal experiences that there are a lot more Fish Creeks out there in regional vic and nsw. If the AFL don't lift their game it won't be long before we see something akin to the Menindee fish kill for country footy.....:(

Astonishingly, the AFL somehow doesn't understand the most fundamental thing about their business:
People are passionate about footy because they care who wins.
If you remove that, it's just people chasing a ball.
Disagree personally. Yeah I love north and prefer watching us play, but I'll watch all the other games too and enjoy them purely out of a love for the sport. Feel similarly about AFLW and VFL and even local footy- it's a fantastic sport irrespective of who's playing it.

...AFLX can **** off though.

I am confident that this year's farce will be a bigger and more embarrassing farce than last year's farce. I am also confident that a balanced strategic decision regarding the future of AFLX will be made based on a combination of ego, hubris and politics.

Furthermore, I am confident that AFLX will be paused in 2020, while the direction of the AFL's growth strategy is reviewed, after which everyone in the AFL will try extremely hard to never speak of it again.

was s**t last year.

But I like the 'all star' vibe a bit better.

Problem is I just don't think our game works on small grounds. Not sure what you can do about that. Perhaps some kind of offside rule?

Offered free tickets and car parking this morning. Still no.

And why make a thing of it? Because I actively want to express that diverting money and attention into this event is everything that’s wrong with the AFL business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I value my time at approx $50 per hour. Given transit time and game time, I'd want to be paid $200 plus as much food and drink as I could consume before I even entertain the thought of going along to this. That's my price AFL, your move.

Half hour to go.

Got my full length Skins on with my undies on the out side. Got my old yellow rain goat tied around my neck and even dug out the swimming cap and squeezed it onto the noggin. If only I could find my old dive boots to round off the outfit.

I’m so excited!

MAVERLOUS.

Half hour to go.

Got my full length Skins on with my undies on the out side. Got my old yellow rain goat tied around my neck and even dug out the swimming cap and squeezed it onto the noggin. If only I could find my old dive boots to round off the outfit.

I’m so excited!

MAVERLOUS.

Not sure your old yellow rain goat would appreciate being tied up to you. 🐐

Remove this Banner Ad

Back