Prediction Name Your 3 players - 2016 starts Post 231

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are you excited about this season and why? The rebirth of an oldie, the emergence of a youngster, confirmation we were right to persist with a certain fringe player. Have a crack, give it a whack.

Cripps - the Extractor is primed to go.

Carrots - will jog memories with his injury-free ball magnetism.

Byrne - has progressed like no other player on the list.

Great thread !

Cripps - just looks ready, cherry ripe

Jacksch - got excited on Friday night liked what I saw...

Juddy - he chose another year, love him, 3 votes !
( Carrots as well, hopefully stays injury free)

Lachie - a full preseason is a rarity for him, so watch out.

Menz - first full preseason. Fits my "3rd year since debut = break out year" theory.

Final spot was going to go to Sammy Doc for same reasons as Menz, but decided to give the nod to Casey Byrne. As you said Thy, progressed a heap and given his age & lack of experience, the potential is crazy.

Daisy's return to form will also see the board frequented by some bitter Pies ;)

Bryce Gibbs - Will be a premier midfielder of the comp. Will raise the bar again, possibly AA 2015 :)
Hopeful being VC makes him an even better leader.

Chris Yarran- needs to go to the next level in his game, hoping maturity takes him there. Has the talent, is extremely classy and is a major part of Carlton being a force in 2015. His effectiveness by foot is something we lack.

Sam Docherty- With no preseason going into last year, he just goes when others don't. Disposal needs to improve, but feel if he can rotate through the middle and hit targets consistently, our drive from half back will be awesome.

Could name 10, but happy with these three :)

Go blues!!

Murphy - captain to get his courage back after a few inside injuries. Be good to see him with daisy Thomas and Judd fighting for the first tag.

Jones - looking froward to see his aerial prowess to rival casboults. Be handy watching their leads up to the 50 and beyond. Hopefully he can put his hard work together in the season proper and not just a training track star.

Carrazzo - to show us what weve missed the last couple years post that dirty Essendon* drug induced tackle. Had the best three games prior in his history. Leading the Brownlow possibly at that point.

Jaksch- An important addition to our defensive structure, gives us options and flexibility.

Yarran- To be at his explosive best in transition and create that excitement we have been craving on a more consistent basis.

Henderson- Now he is the 1st banana I am looking for him to produce he's very best and give us that focal point we so desperately need now fully fit.

Chris Yarran - will have an All Australian year as a half back/wing.

Dale Thomas - first year fit and firing for a long while now and will win the fans over with Simmo like courage and performances.

Blaine Boekhorst - Like a skinnier Yarran...or a much better Armfield (speed & swan districts).

Nicholas Graham, think 32 is in for a big year, looks primed to step up this season, definitely should play 20 plus games.

Daisy is gonna make his critics eat their words, especially now that his ankles is in tip top shape.

Speaking of critics, Matthew Watson has copped more then his fair share of crap and innane abuse from galahs perched in the outer. Watto is my choice of fringe player I am nominating I am glad we retained. So happy Mick has managed to somehow harness Watto's inner 'Rocky Balboa' in the style of Burgess Meredith mentoring Sylvester Stallone !! If anyone at our club deserves a change of luck, its our Watto, and I'll be cheering extra hard for him this season :)

Dale Thomas, been told he's absolutely dominated this pre-season.

Cripps - Looks ready for AFL and has all the tools to be a good modern day inside mid.

Docherty - There is no way possible he could've had a worse pre-season last year and was still able to play some very good games. Reckon he might really break out in 2015 after an uninterrupted summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B.Gibbs - Continue on from last year and make AA.

K. Jaksch - Impressed in the west and along with Jammo and Rowe finally give us a formidable defence.

C. Judd - Love he is playing on and looking forward to Gillon saying 3 votes C.Judd on Brownlow night !!!

Cripps - Looking forward to seeing the kid emerge this year as a key part of our midfield.

Yarran - Maturing under MM, I want to see Yazz sweeping across the HB line leaving opposition players in his wake.

Menzel - 6 games in his first season, 19 games & 26 goals in his second, and the Menz is primed to go. The kid is still only 20 but has the footy smarts and skill to light up the forward line.

The Skipper - to get back to dominant AA form

Cripps - to show that we do have young talent

Judd - to show he's more than just a cameo, fringe player now that he's healthy again

Thought I would follow Thy's OP to the letter in nominating 3.

Rebirth of an older player - Would have to be Daisy Thomas. Written off at the Pies, battled through his first year with us. Has the class and the preseason behind him to have a huge impact this year. (I'm embarrassed that I didn't stick with 1AW though).

Emergence of a young player - ah let me count the ways. Eenie meenie miney mo - Kristian Jaksch. Love him (and Boeky but I can only choose one).

Persistence with fringe player paid off - Would love Buckley's story to continue ... would love to get a Casboult or Watson pay off BUT Tommy Bell is the man that is the closest to making it or breaking it. Is tracking the ball like a terminator at present, just needs to know what to do with it when he gets there and execute.

If it was just any 3 whose fortunes I will follow more closely - Jaksch, Boekhorst and Cripps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back