Prediction Name Your 3 players - 2016 starts Post 231

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs. Does he have another gear?
I genuinely believe he does.

He has a frightening amount of tools at his disposal and a mature, not-inconsiderable frame to boot. If it all keeps coming together more consistently and he keeps getting his hands more dirty as he did last season...

Well, long as he keeps applying himself, look out IMO.

Who are you excited about this season and why? The rebirth of an oldie, the emergence of a youngster, confirmation we were right to persist with a certain fringe player. Have a crack, give it a whack. I've stayed with 2 of my 3 from 2015.

Cripps - Extractor is primed to go.

Nicky G - your time to shine is now, Flock of Seagulls.

Byrne - one more time with feeling.

Mods would you mind adjusting the thread title to Name your 3 for 2015 & 2016

zat make sense?

Plowman really interests me .
Silvagni has not once , but twice , shown how he rates him .
Let's hope he gets an injury free crack at it .

Weitering , wouldn't it be great to have the best young KPD in the league to go along with the best young inside mid in the game !

C.Curnow seems to have a bit of X factor about him .
Very handy and hard to match up on types in September ... :thumbsu:

Rebirth of an oldie - Bryce Gibbs: Last year was injury affected... Please let it have been injury affected :oops:

Emergence of a youngster - Billy Gowers: the most exciting talent to come to Carlton since Anthony Raso

Persisting with fringe player - Dale Thomas. Apparently we're supposed to ignore the fact that he's the highest paid player at the club. We should judge him on performance only. His performance makes him a fringe player. I'm sure he'll make it one day :thumbsu:

Walker to kick 40 goals this season.

Weitering to become the best quarterback in the league.

Kreuzer to be All Australian.
hold it right there fella........

hold it right there fella........
Purely a reference to his ability to make good decisions with the ball. I've had a problem with Carlton's back six when the opposition choose to play one short in the forward line. I think Weeties will solve this. No pressure but I see him as a modern day Bruce Doull.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purely a reference to his ability to make good decisions with the ball. I've had a problem with Carlton's back six when the opposition choose to play one short in the forward line. I think Weeties will solve this. No pressure but I see him as a modern day Bruce Doull.
:eek:

Only 3? Sheesh...

Gibbs - getting back to 2014 form would be a big part of us not finishing bottom

Graham - showed he belonged last year. Expecting to cement his place in best 18.

Krooz - heart and soul of the team. Would love to see what he can do injury free.

Honourable mentions: casboult kicking 35+, Crippa taking the next step, Phillips becoming the 2nd ruck we need, Sammy doc running the show down back and weitering showing early signs.

Fringe boehurst, showed something last, flashes of what he can do....could surprise

Oldie, Diasy, surely we can get one good year out of him, reckon this year

Emergence, Weitering no doubts, but I think Charlie Curnow might endear himself to the fans, has the X factor, kick the winning goal round one and we love you for ever...

1 - Charlie Curnow - He will be our 'Bont' and in 3 years time will be our best player (yes better than Cripps :eek:)

2 - Baby Spida - Dre is now my favourite player, a real quiet achiever and i enjoy his hipster goal celebrations.

3 - Clem Smith - Apparently Bolts has big plans/high hopes for him. He has the tools to be a league player, as long as he has the desire and keep his fitness levels to the standards required.

1 - Charlie Curnow - He will be our 'Bont' and in 3 years time will be our best player (yes better than Cripps :eek:)

2 - Baby Spida - Dre is now my favourite player, a real quiet achiever and i enjoy his hipster goal celebrations.

3 - Clem Smith - Apparently Bolts has big plans/high hopes for him. He has the tools to be a league player, as long as he has the desire and keep his fitness levels to the standards required.

Re Clem: Fact or speculation?

Gibbs - at the right age and has the motivation. Will need to feature if we're to improve.

Phillips - all the reports suggest he's primed. Could be critical as 2nd ruck/forward. If he excels, the follow-on effects on team structure and output would be tremendous.

C. Curnow - could be our X factor, adding versatility, drive and skill.

Once again, great thread Thy.

(My 3 for 2015 were Cripps, Smith & Jaksch).

Lachie - a full preseason is a rarity for him, so watch out.

Menz - first full preseason. Fits my "3rd year since debut = break out year" theory.

Final spot was going to go to Sammy Doc for same reasons as Menz, but decided to give the nod to Casey Byrne. As you said Thy, progressed a heap and given his age & lack of experience, the potential is crazy.

Daisy's return to form will also see the board frequented by some bitter Pies ;)
Wow best predictions ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back