Prediction Name Your 3 players - 2016 starts Post 231

Remove this Banner Ad

Oldie: Walker (forward-line version).

Youngster: I think Galluci could fulfil our vacant small forward role.

Fringe: Byrne. We only got to see him briefly last year, but what he showed was very impressive.

Cripps - He's said that he's building more strength and power in his core and legs. i want to see if he leaps over the opposition.
Weitering - because I've always loved our good backmen (southby, doull, silvagni etc.) and it will be great to see the greenshoots of the next one. But you could sub any of the draftees names.
Smith - be nice to have a bit of hard tackling in the side. And rapt to see his fitness level has improved. What can he do in games?

Oldie - Gibbs
Teased for far too long with his ability to do the right things inconsistently. Can be devastating with ball in hand and we need some more midfield grunt to take pressure off the backline and give the forwards a chance. Can be elite in the middle and with teams scrambling to curb the influence of Cripps and Murphy, should get off the leash quite a bit. Can get his own ball and also use it well on the outside, will come to the attention of the umpires when doing the voting if he can stay fit and motivated. If Gibbs can reach his potential, his influence will win us games.

Youngster/Newbie - Plowman
Big things are expected of Weitering which may be a little premature. We need some help for Jamison and Rowe and Plowman may be the answer. Good disposal and decision making are needed and apparently he has plenty of both. If he can get fit and play most of the season, it will allow Weitering to ease into it and take breaks so he doesn't burn out. Could be a big part of the new defence for many years and we need a genuine third tall who can read the play and drop off his opponent when needed. Almost a forgotten man at this point, could be the best part of the new look defensive unit.

Fringe - Graham
Good sides have several go-to mids that can play big minutes where it counts. Graham showed a lot when given an extended run last season before injury finished him off. Time to step out of the perception of being too good for VFL and not good enough for AFL, and make a midfield spot his. Will take enormous pressure off the likes of Gibbs, Cripps and Murphy if they can go forward to break a tag or have a rest, knowing Graham was a capable replacement. Needs to learn to be the link player like McLean did, but with better disposal. Knows how to find the ball, needs to be able to turn it on when needed and play some big minutes in the middle.

Rebirth - We dont really have many older types, Daisy is the obvious one but i am going to go with Mark Whiley, i seen enough with him to think he can become a consistent best 22 player who can make an impact.

Emergence - Clem Smith, second preseason after looking very raw i expect to improve out of sight.

Persistence - Kruezar, body will finally be right and become the All Australian ruckmen we know he is capable of becoming.

Have been thinking the same and finally got around to checking. Currently paying $81 with Sportsbet. Worth a tenner at those odds.

Please gamble responsibly

EDIT: I'm all over it. Noticed he was around $57-61 with a couple other mobs, so put my money where my mouth is.
C'mon Crippa!!

I responsibly put a few more on that bet..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering, Plowman and Charlie C.. I see them all as being long term prospects who have the biggest chance of being Premiership Players.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back