Toast Name your top 10 non premiership players

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett Snr. Lockett. Buckley. Skilton. McKenna. Quinlan. Dangerfield. Harvey. Flower & Wilson.
This one looks on the money, perhaps Len Thompson, Graham Moss, Gary Hocking, Paul Couch? Tony Modra is the hard luck story, he made Adelaide in the 1990s and is flag-less?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could I leave out Robbie Flower, what a player!

Superboot and Billy also, one of the great players in those 3 (4) GF appearances. Paul Roos and Barry Round (Charlie winner) too.

Not so certain on the hulk, Micky Turner (super fast!) or Hawkins though.

If you are going back, triple Brownlow Bob Skilton (South Melbourne) & Haydn Bunton Snr with 3x Brownlows at Fitzroy & 3x Sandovers at Subi.
When Skilts (aka Chimp) is mentioned I think of Allen Aylett (Allen Aylett - Wikipedia).

This one looks on the money, perhaps Len Thompson, Graham Moss, Gary Hocking, Paul Couch? Tony Modra is the hard luck story, he made Adelaide in the 1990s and is flag-less?
I definitely considered Couchy & Buddha, but I didn’t want to be too Geelong centric. Len Thompson & Graham Moss were certainly in the reckoning, even Matty Richardson was too...And yep Modra went flag-less, did his knee in 97’ & was overlooked in 98’.

This thread should be renamed Matthew Richardson + 9 other guys who should have won a flag.....

Bit of a fun thread, current and past:

Just of the top of my head, as a young 51 yo.

1. Obviously Gas (for me)
2. Rooey (Nick Reiwoldt)
3. Nathan Buckley
4. Lenny Hayes
5. Nat Fyfe
6. Peter Moore
7. Ricky Barham
8. Gary Wilson
9. Carl Ditterich
10. Peter McKenna

I literally just put this out at in a moment. Not even sure the order is right.

Post yours.

1. Gary Ablett senior.
  2. Bob Skilton.
  3. Haydn Bunton.
  4. Tony Lockett.
  5. Garry Wilson.
  6. Kevin Murray.
  7. Matthew Richardson.
  8. Bernie Quinlan.
  9. Peter McKenna.
  10. Robert Flower.

I definitely considered Couchy & Buddha, but I didn’t want to be too Geelong centric. Len Thompson & Graham Moss were certainly in the reckoning, even Matty Richardson was too...And yep Modra went flag-less, did his knee in 97’ & was overlooked in 98’.

I'd have Hocking in contention, wouldn't have Couch. To me Hocking was clearly the better player.

Robert Harvey immediately comes to mind. Dual Brownlow medallist, had his chance in 97 then retired just before the Saints dominance in 09-10. They probably win one of those flags if he was in the side.

Mossy captain/ coached Claremont to a flag in 1981: Graham Moss - Wikipedia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back