Names on the back of guernseys - is it time?

Would you like to see names on guernseys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you fit untouchable sniper on the back of a jumper, sorry, Cotchin is shorter.

Going by the way BT, DerWayne and co butcher names during calls, they need them, but personally no. Let’s leave it as it is. Learn the players and learn their numbers. It’s not hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about people who only have a passing interest in the game? You can't assume everyone is a hard core fan.

Get a footy record then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When every player wears their socks up (should be compuslory) then put on the names! Our athletes who play our game look untidy, it looks unprofessional and it should be addressed! If these blokes can't play football, at least look like they can!

I'm shocked at how close this poll is. We tried it once for a round and it looked terrible. Not to mention Tom Hawkins ripped his and had to play as Josh Walker for 3 quarters. Farcical. Never ever please.

This adds absolutely nothing for the viewers, and its a mindset thing, it represents the individual rather than the team.

Plain guernseys with numbers on the back and no names, simple, classic, and representative of the team first philosophy of our game. You don't get that in many American sports where the individual is more important than the team.

Going by the way BT, DerWayne and co butcher names during calls, they need them, but personally no. Let’s leave it as it is. Learn the players and learn their numbers. It’s not hard.

Agree.

It’s a team sport. Numbers are plenty sufficient. If commentators want to continue down the path of neglecting to call the actual play in favour of randomly talking up selected players, congratulating each other for their great calls and drivelling garbage “fun” anecdotes (and they certainly will) then that’s okay. But they can learn to match players to their numbers. It’s not a massive ask for a media salary to do more than 10 minutes research.

I'm shocked at how close this poll is. We tried it once for a round and it looked terrible. Not to mention Tom Hawkins ripped his and had to play as Josh Walker for 3 quarters. Farcical. Never ever please.

This doesn't look that bad does it?

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 10.13.29 pm.png

I'd love to see and wear a jumper like this. From an in-game perspective, there's more chances to read it than people think, and it helps everyone identify players. Commercially, I'd feel much more connected to wear a 'Hawkins' jumper than a '26' jumper and I'd be much more likely to purchase one

(Also, it was just half a quarter Hawkins wore Walker's jumper, a result of Cheney's tactics of grabbing him at the collar (which on that ISC template was just some threads and not an actual collar))

Who da * cares? If they do it. Cool. If they dont. Cool. Its not a big deal. Some footy traditionalists on here a screw away from being flat Earthers at times.

This doesn't look that bad does it?

View attachment 621622

I'd love to see and wear a jumper like this. From an in-game perspective, there's more chances to read it than people think, and it helps everyone identify players. Commercially, I'd feel much more connected to wear a 'Hawkins' jumper than a '26' jumper and I'd be much more likely to purchase one

(Also, it was just half a quarter Hawkins wore Walker's jumper, a result of Cheney's tactics of grabbing him at the collar (which on that ISC template was just some threads and not an actual collar))

I find it to be the most unnecessary add on. I know who wears that jumper without his name on it like most of the AFL supporter base. Why throw in some letters and really cram the whole thing in for a minority of casual viewers who might not know all the players and won't get a decent view of it anyway?

Back