Opinion Names that Failed Your Expectations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Plain and Tony Antrobus. It was sad not to see the best of him. Injuries weren't kind.

These two, plus Cupido.

On a similar tangent, but because he didn't turn up.... Michael Aish. I saw him walking through the change rooms & everyone was really excited about him coming over....then he changed his mind.

Dean Rioli. Deserved to play another 150 games but just loved pies too much.

And also had a bung knee from age 16 that ended up being bone on bone for the last 5 years he played.

Gumby is the one. Seriously good under 18 play , just killed by injury.

Winderlich is another. How good could he have been without hamstring, back and knee injuries.

I was well and truly on the Gumby train however does anyone remember paul Thomas? He was my Jason Johnson replacement and his career was over really quickly. Did he have off field issues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was well and truly on the Gumby train however does anyone remember paul Thomas? He was my Jason Johnson replacement and his career was over really quickly. Did he have off field issues?
Mature age recruit from the SANFL. Not really a star from memory.

Melksham was a disappointment - was a reasonable AFL player from his first season, but never became anything more.

A normal trajectory of improvement from his first year and he’d have been a very good/excellent player.

Jay Neagle: quick on the lead, strong contested mark, great shot on goal. Would have been a good full forward in the 1980's. Way too unfit for the 2000's.

Tayte Pears: was a better defender than Rance for the first few years, but he just never recovered from a series of injuries.

Great one Kong. There were big hopes for Jay. Another one is Leroy Jetta. Thought he didn’t deliver what he could’ve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back