MRP / Trib. Nankervis on Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Very similar to De Goey's so 3 weeks. Though this is the AFL tribunal we are talking about. Get Carlton's lawyers in and he walks a free man, get Hawthorn's in and he gets 6 weeks (how Sicily got 3 Ill never know, stupid verdict).

Yep, “cowardly”. Pickett’s attack on Smith was a delayed, calculated action, well after the ball had gone. Smith was defenceless, and he was extremely lucky he wasn’t seriously injured. No credit to Pickett for that.
Have a *in’ cry my god.

I don't necessarily agree with a send off rule but if ever there was a case for it, this would be it. Lloyds disposal in the d50 was a huge part of our early dominance and his absence cost us big time. Meanwhile Nankervis stays on and has a big impact against the aging Hickey.

Massive turning point in the game.

Wow, too scared to bump the shoulder and gets the head because of it. What a cowards act.
Might be more to do with the +/-20cm height difference I would think, but yes, I guess there is an argument that Nank was “scared” to bump a shoulder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't necessarily agree with a send off rule but if ever there was a case for it, this would be it. Lloyds disposal in the d50 was a huge part of our early dominance and his absence cost us big time. Meanwhile Nankervis stays on and has a big impact against the aging Hickey.

Massive turning point in the game.

I'm inclined to agree. It shouldn't be like soccer where the sendoff means you are playing with one less on the field, but the infringing player should be out for the game. You should be able to activate your sub if you have a player sent off.

I'm not sure if I am comfortable with the on-field umpire making the call in the moment though. There needs to be a digital tribunal that can make the call before the start of the next quarter.

It is a drastic change to the game but a necessary one in the age of concussion.

If the 2003 grand final was played today, Jonathan Brown would have been subbed off with concussion literally 20 seconds into the game, and Scott Burns would have played the game out.

Tom Stewart had absolutely no reason to be anywhere near Prestia though.

As bad as this looks from Nankervis, at least Lloyd had the ball, so Nank would've been going for the tackle.

Lloyd disposed of the ball about a minute before Nankervis got there. It's like the scene from the Austin Powers movie with the steamroller.

As stated in the game day thread, this was worse than Stewies.
Deserves more.
Deliberately lined him up in an attempt to take him out of the game.
Yes we know. In fact every Geelong supporter agrees with you. However no neutrals do? Maybe it's because you all share the same brain?

It's your basic 3 week suspension if he showed attrition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back