Movie Napoleon Dynamite

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
watched this movie again over the holidays for the first time in a couple of years and cant believe how much i underappreciated it.
this would have to be close to the funniest film i've ever seen. kip learning to be a cage fighter, uncle rico wanting to go back to 1982 and buying a time machine off the internet and napoleon wearing moon boots and learning to dance by watching dqwon's dance moves.
even the wedding at the end where kip serenades lafawnda "why do you love me, but i still love technology", classic film.
anyone else appreciate this as much?

Thumbs up from me!! Great Movie :thumbsu::thumbsu: So many one liners in it!! I loved the bit when Uncle Rico throws the Steak at him while his on the bike!! :D:D

kip_yes.gif

Thumbs up from me!! Great Movie :thumbsu::thumbsu: So many one liners in it!! I loved the bit when Uncle Rico throws the Steak at him while his on the bike!! :D:D

kip_yes.gif

I always get a laugh out of it when Napoleon throws fruit at Rico's van and he screams like a girl.

Also when Rico and Kip are talking business in the cafe and Rico is checking out his biceps.

I always get a laugh out of it when Napoleon throws fruit at Rico's van and he screams like a girl.

Also when Rico and Kip are talking business in the cafe and Rico is checking out his biceps.

:D:D 2 classic parts!!

There is so many!! The bit when Kip is selling the Fake Tupperware and he tells the people how strong it is and tries to back up his claim by driving his Van over it!! It then shatters so he just keeps driving :D:D LOL. Very good acting from all involved in the movie. It is a bit of a Cult classic in the US.

Should check out a later effort some assist director of N.D called 'The Sasquatch Gang' (2006). Some good lines in that as well.

Gaso

Cheers gaso i haven't heard of that movie but i will check it out. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

''I like your sleeves, they're real big''
''she said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.''

:DI can do his voice also..

This is just a classic film, I get why some people don't like it but for mine it is one of the funniest movies made in recent times. There are great quips all the way through it, such as;

Deb I'm trying to earn money for college.
Kip [from the background] Your mom goes to college.

And Diedrich Bader as Rex is a pi$$er

Rex At Rex Kwan Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? [while pointing to Napoleon]

This is just a classic film, I get why some people don't like it but for mine it is one of the funniest movies made in recent times. There are great quips all the way through it, such as;

Deb I'm trying to earn money for college.
Kip [from the background] Your mom goes to college.

And Diedrich Bader as Rex is a pi$$er

Rex At Rex Kwan Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? [while pointing to Napoleon]

Rex - "THE Strength of a Grizzly,The reflexes of a Puma.......And the wisdom....of a Man!":thumbsu:

I can see why some people just wouldn't click with it - the movie has no real plot, there's no point to it, it's just 90 minutes of oddness so that would certainly rub some viewers up the wrong way.

The quirkiness of it and the uniqueness of the various characters and how they interrelate fascinates me though.
Rico - completely unaware of his own ineptitude, incredibly aware of Napoleon's, ambivalent to Kip
Napoleon - an outcast but one who is more than willing to dance with female fellow Happy Hands Club members, not afraid to give his thoughts to his class about the Loch Ness Monster, happy to dance solo to Jamiroquai in front of the entire school, self-assured with his drawing skills
Kip - remarkably self assured for someone who has no car, an online girlfriend he's never met, the physical presence of a fairy, no job
Pedro - friendly, loyal, willing to hang a pinata of his school president opponent and beat it senseless and then not understanding why it was frowned upon, dumb enough to shave his head as he believed his hair was making him hot, related to two cousins who are the antithesis of anyone else in the entire movie
Rex: Obviously reasonably successful at what he does, runs his own business, incredibly physically imposing - yet is clearly married to a woman who may once have been a dude
Don - the typical high school jock but probably not THAT much of a bully. About as bad as it gets is his questioning of whether Napoleon really went hunting wolverines. In a deleted scene he asks Napoleon if he wet the bed the previous night, to which Napoleon replies "hey Don, did you take a dump in your bed last night?". Clearly loves Summer dearly and thinks she's the bee's knees. Like everyone, is utterly bewildered at the Happy Hands Club's performance in class.

There is no malice in the film, even the nasty people in the movie are nice. Trisha clearly is repulsed by Napoleon but still at least makes the effort to go to the dance with him.

I can see why some people just wouldn't click with it - the movie has no real plot, there's no point to it, it's just 90 minutes of oddness so that would certainly rub some viewers up the wrong way.

The quirkiness of it and the uniqueness of the various characters and how they interrelate fascinates me though.
Rico - completely unaware of his own ineptitude, incredibly aware of Napoleon's, ambivalent to Kip
Napoleon - an outcast but one who is more than willing to dance with female fellow Happy Hands Club members, not afraid to give his thoughts to his class about the Loch Ness Monster, happy to dance solo to Jamiroquai in front of the entire school, self-assured with his drawing skills
Kip - remarkably self assured for someone who has no car, an online girlfriend he's never met, the physical presence of a fairy, no job
Pedro - friendly, loyal, willing to hang a pinata of his school president opponent and beat it senseless and then not understanding why it was frowned upon, dumb enough to shave his head as he believed his hair was making him hot, related to two cousins who are the antithesis of anyone else in the entire movie
Rex: Obviously reasonably successful at what he does, runs his own business, incredibly physically imposing - yet is clearly married to a woman who may once have been a dude
Don - the typical high school jock but probably not THAT much of a bully. About as bad as it gets is his questioning of whether Napoleon really went hunting wolverines. In a deleted scene he asks Napoleon if he wet the bed the previous night, to which Napoleon replies "hey Don, did you take a dump in your bed last night?". Clearly loves Summer dearly and thinks she's the bee's knees. Like everyone, is utterly bewildered at the Happy Hands Club's performance in class.

There is no malice in the film, even the nasty people in the movie are nice. Trisha clearly is repulsed by Napoleon but still at least makes the effort to go to the dance with him.
When it came out I had a friend that was playing it a bit when I stayed there on weekends. From memory it might have took me at least a couple of times to start to get it and find it funny. Some of the stuff in it is pretty subtle.

When it came out I had a friend that was playing it a bit when I stayed there on weekends. From memory it might have took me at least a couple of times to start to get it and find it funny. Some of the stuff in it is pretty subtle.

Yeah I didn’t get it at first but a mate that was a repeat watcher pointed a few things out and it ‘clicked.’

Little things make me laugh in it.

‘Are you ready to get yo’ groove on?’
‘Yes.’
When he puts on D-Qwon’s dance moves

‘Grab my arm. The other arm. MY other arm.’

Don’s baffled reaction to the Happy Hands Club dance.

Napoleon saying ‘last week Japanese scientists explaced - placed explosives at the bottom of lake Loch Ness.’

I always get a giggle out of when he jumps out of the window to avoid his girlfriend. Hold on, that was Scott Pilgrim. Carry on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back