FTA-TV Narcos - New Netflix Original Series

Remove this Banner Ad

What's hocards?
A once great series that sadly subsided into rapid decline and alienated its loyal audience after a few seasons, and then cut its main actor from the show to commit industry suicide. A poster child case study in how not to produce a subscription TV show.

A once great series that sadly subsided into rapid decline and alienated its loyal audience after a few seasons, and then cut its main actor from the show to commit industry suicide. A poster child case study in how not to produce a subscription TV show.

Convinced now it should have ended after S03

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't know much about the Mexican cartels, aside from the modern day violence, so I googled Gallardo after the first couple of episodes. Spoiler alert lol :$

I don't know the historical accuracy of the el Chapo storyline but you can see it being set up for at least another season, maybe they can squeeze two out of his tale.

Poor Chapo was the butt of all the jokes.

All the cartels seem to have it good until they get involved with the political elite then it is all downhill from there.

It was good, but not as good as previous seasons. Some of the raid / shooting scenes were cringeworthy.
Like when Falcon's crew makes the hit at the warehouse with Rafa and Neto and their crew, they're shooting machine guns at the pickup truck as it leaves the warehouse, with bullet holes galore in the truck, but no one got hit. And Falcon's crew had a helicopter FFS!
Or when they raided the dope plantation, Kiki looked like a duck out of a water, waddling around. Everyone firing at Rafa but he never cops a bullet.
Or in almost every other shooting scene where the trained rifle experts in the local army or police rarely seem to land a shot, but the cartel guys (i.e Felix in a suit) are always precise marksmen.
So they lost a few points with me.
It was good seeing Pablo and the Cali cartel though. Those scenes just reinforced for me that the previous seasons were better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back