Review Narrow loss v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the men in blue really flexed their muscles tonight i'm pretty chuffed with that.

Cam Guthrie and Mitch Duncan have well and truly inherited the campaigner gene from Joel Selwood.

Discuss

Goddard raped.

Colyer great.. .but ya gotta finish them off when it counts son

Melksham & Dempsey are useless at the moment. why isn't Kav allowed a chance?

******* shattered. Should have won it

Not sure if you guys see it but Chapman was poor, think he's a little overweight. Definitely not the player he once was, just looking at him today he just couldn't go!

That was not a good effort at all, disgraceful football for half a game, Geelong aren't even that good and we let them embarrass us in that opening half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gutted... absolutely gutted. We played so well in that game. Disregard what selwoodthe campaigner says (we played poorly in the 3rd quarter) we were really good. and to come out in the second half after that bullshit umpiring, and to keep on cracking - best effort of the year for mine. Make no mistake Geelong played very well, and we took it to them. But for a couple of umpiring howlers we woudve won that any other year.

That loss goal, was just..... how did Stanton and Chapman manage to stuff up an uncontested ball between them and have the ball roll all the way into their forwardline???

Anyone else feel that Chapman should of been subbed instead of Hardingham?

3rd narrow loss this season. 2013 saw us win the majority of the close ones. unfortunately that is the difference between a finals appearance or not. its just not our year

Hard not to point the finger at the umpires (denying BJ two shots at goal, being s**t in general) but the bottom line is that, as Tassieboy mentioned, we only showed up for a half again.

We've absolutely got the quality to match it with the top sides, but it's doing it consistently that will be the issue.

Cant be too annoyed at the boys not dropping their heads after a s**t first half and responding.. but goddammit we should have won that!

Goal kicking and composure in the dying moments! ARGH!

Also Cats kept hitting up the short options from the kick-ins and the one time we were on to it we got a turnover and a goal, why didnt we cut off that short option from then on!?!

******* cheating umpires. I'm shaking now I'm so angry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back