Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
The driver merry-go-round is underway

* Kurt Busch will drive the #51 Chevy in place of Landon Cassill
* AJ Allmendinger will drive the #22 Penske Dodge that was driven by KuBu
* Ragan may get the #43 ride at RPM,although someone like Stenhouse could also be a chance

The #43 doesn't have much sponsorship at the moment,where as Ambrose is fully sponsored for 2012.Best Buy have gone from RPM to Roush [Kenseth 9 races/Edwards 2 races].

Nov 30, 2000
No longer in a premiership drought
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
LUFC/MSRLC/MVFC
Interesting that Kurt has signed for a year only. Obviously money would be an issue with James Finch, but I'd imagine there is some lucrative drives potentially opening up in 2013. Be interesting to see how he handles being in a lesser car, even though it's a Hendrick chassis and engine. Cassill was competitive at times in it and he was a rookie, so someone with Kurt's experience should be better.

AJ has always shown potential but at Penske there is no excuses anymore.

Sep 22, 2000
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Interesting that Kurt has signed for a year only. Obviously money would be an issue with James Finch, but I'd imagine there is some lucrative drives potentially opening up in 2013.

If Logano doesn't pull his finger out Kubu could be eyeing off his spot in 2013.
Aric Almirola is now looking the front runner to be Ambrose teammate.Sounds like he might bring some sponsorship with him.

Having lost his ride with Waltrip, it appears that Reutimann will be in one of Tommy Baldwin's start and parkers for this season. Meantime Robby Gordon's doing the Dakar again and has the defending champ as a teammate.

Bit of Nationwide news (apart from the Petty team now running a team for Michael Annett, which may lead to Marcos running the road courses again, nothing confirmed). One of our favourite drivers is once again saddling up for the full season, at the ripe old age of 70.......I think you know whom I'm referring to.

Sep 22, 2000
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Bit of Nationwide news (apart from the Petty team now running a team for Michael Annett, which may lead to Marcos running the road courses again, nothing confirmed). One of our favourite drivers is once again saddling up for the full season, at the ripe old age of 70.......I think you know whom I'm referring to.

Jesus will be with him again I gather

25 drivers will contest the Bud Shootout, which this year is for the 2011 top 25 in points and anyone who's won a 500/400/Shootout at Daytona. Not everyone eligible is entered.

The Drivers List: McMurray, Brad Keselowski, Kahne, AMBROSE, Hamlin, Stewart, Bowyer, Biffle, Kenseth, Shrub, Logano, Allmendinger, J.Gordon, Menard, Harvick, Burton, Ragan, JPM, Johnson, Kurt Busch, Waltrip, M.Truex, Earnhardt, Edwards

Squeaky

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2005
Up north
AFL Club
Essendon
Marcos starting 21st in todays shootout.
Finished 3rd in an action packed race! Great effort and actually led the second last lap. He was rounded up by Kyle Busch and T Stewart. KB won and ten cars were Dnfs (all wrecked)
Good result for Marcos and hopefully he can run well like that all week!

So onto Qualifying, which for the 500 determines the front row (and only the front row), as well as giving us the 3 fastest go-or-go-homers that would not have to be totally desperate in the duels (where only 2 of the drivers that aren't quick enough can sneak in). I say 3 instead of 4 because Terry Labonte (the John Farnham of Sprint Cup) will get a Champs Provisional.

THE FOLLOWING NEED TO GET IN ON SPEED OR DUEL POSITIONS
09: K.Wallace
7: R.Gordon
21: Bayne
23: Richardson
26: Raines
30: Stremme
36: Blaney
37: M.Wallace
40: Waltrip (who has an expanded role on Fox this year, straight from shootout wreck to Hollywood Hotel)
49: Yeley
87: Nemechek
97: Elliott
98: McDowell

Marcos will start the 500 in 7th place after finishing 3rd in the 1st Duel ( or DUAL as it said on the fox info :rolleyes: )

OFH was minding her own on the last lap when the elbows came out sending her into the inside wall off turn 2....thank god for safer barriers.
Smoke wins race 1 while Biffle loses the plot to blow race 2 which Kenseth won.

Of those that had to qualify, Bayne, Stremme and Raines got in on speed, and R.Gordon, McDowell (he did get a push from someone much like the Keselowskis did last year), Blaney and Nemechek (new nickname, CollectaChek instead of Front Row Joe!) raced their way in.

Danica wins pole for the Nationwide race tomorrow, that should shut a few idiots up who are saying she shouldn't even be in a Nascar, at any level.

I think Elliot Sadler said it all;

"In the last 24 months, I think she's the most improved driver we've had, in all three series," Sadler said.

She makes Nascar more interesting IMO, if that can even happen after last years season.:D

Danica wins pole for the Nationwide race tomorrow, that should shut a few idiots up who are saying she shouldn't even be in a Nascar, at any level.

Her results haven't been very impressive while she's been in Nascar, justify that opinion to a certain extent, well done on the pole though.

Impressed with how quick Ambrose has been all week, hopefully that translates to a good 500.

Did anyone see the finish to the Nationwide race? Crazy.:eek:

The changes to the cars and the fact the drivers can no longer talk to each other is going to make for some crazy and action packed super speedway races.

Can't wait for tomorrow morning, Ambrose just needs to try and stay near the lead the whole race, because there will be crash after crash behind the leaders in the 500.

Sep 22, 2000
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford

Poor Danica got taken out in the Nationwide race by Cole Whitt.......her teammate :eek:

Did anyone see the finish to the Nationwide race? Crazy.:eek:

That was one heck of a crash'n'bash finish.Kyle hit the wall hard.

Back