Nascar 2013 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

:rolleyes:
set the IQ
Stops after 20 mins.....even though on the planner it says it's still recording

Apparently JJ won :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Marcos 26th :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ambrose was going for the lead with 5 laps to go.He had JJ & KK side by side in front of him and went to go down the middle when JJ,who was up top,decided to block him which caused contact and sent Ambrose into KK [great teammate you've got there Kasey].KK went flying off the back straight head on into the wall and Ambrose had to pit due to a damaged rear tyre.
Ambrose ran top 10 most of the race.

It was really disappointing to get that far into it - he was in the lead draft & dicing to win it but to have that happen is gut wrenching.
Not much mention or commentary on the fact that he was blocked like that.
Also - did Carl Edwards catch up with whoever he was looking for? Looked Mad!

Just caught a glimpse of the entry list for New Hampshire this weekend (43 entered so everyone will start).....and driving the 52 this week making history as the oldest ever Cup driver is none other than our ancient favorite MORGAN SHEPHERD!

Just caught a glimpse of the entry list for New Hampshire this weekend (43 entered so everyone will start).....and driving the 52 this week making history as the oldest ever Cup driver is none other than our ancient favorite MORGAN SHEPHERD!

Can't be any worse than Brian Keslowski who often drives daddys car.
So a 71 yo in the race.I hope all the track workers are up to date on their CPR ;)
No doubt he'll be an S&P and be gone by lap 5 or 10.If he goes any longer he might nod off with the race being at the Worlds Most Boring Rack Track.

Can't be any worse than Brian Keslowski who often drives daddys car.
So a 71 yo in the race.I hope all the track workers are up to date on their CPR ;)
No doubt he'll be an S&P and be gone by lap 5 or 10.If he goes any longer he might nod off with the race being at the Worlds Most Boring Rack Track.

If he goes any longer there'll be a mobile chicane on the oval.

Brad Keselowski will start on pole at New Hampshire, Ambrose qualified 21st. Jimmie Johnson's time was disallowed as his car was too low and he'll start from 43rd.

Kyle Busch won the Nationwide race yesterday after three green/white/chequered attempts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HYarvick the Al Swearengen spins Marcos and then says " I'm not letting THAT guy pass me "

SERVE HIM UP MARCOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a prat Harvick is.
The problem with Nascar is that drivers know they can wreck others and get away with it.Sometimes they might get probabtion but that's about it.Start knocking points off them after races and that'll fix it.

I don't get Harvicks comment about Ambrose being "a weapon"
He's not one that goes around punting other drivers,unlike JJ & Harvwit don't mind doing.

So do we think Danica might be in the doghouse tonight ? :D

From Marcos's FB fan page -

All right Marcos. I will leave you to your righteious RPM Ford devices after this. One prefect example of what I mean by.... Wrong by ALL "normal" ethical circumstances, but Nascar proper. Richard & Kyle definitely recall this, but you might not be aware of this part of the 1994 (Inaugural) Brickyard 400. Especially poignant since it is your next event and because of what you have endured in the past two events. Background first: (check out these names) fin order 1 - 20: J Gordon (second cup win), B Bodine, B Elliott, R Wallace, D Earnhardt, D Waltrip, K Schrader, M Waltrip, T Bodine, M Shepherd, R Rudd, T Labonte, T Musgrave, S Marlin, L Speed, B Labonte, E Irvan, G Sacks, J Burton, J Nemechek (K Petty P25). And my father taught Geoff & Brett Bodine English Literature in High School. The Bodine clan is from our home town (Chemung, New York). I have been a staunch supporter since I was knee high to a grass hopper & he was on the local short tracks in his world record setting Mod days. OK, point being Brett, leading into turn one, gets nerfed outta the way by Brother Geoff. Not dirty, slightly dangerous, but just enough brother love to make Brett slide out of the way. A Classic Nascar maneuver by Geoff. Nowhere near as blatant as 48 & 29 have done you recently. Then the just reward of note, as Brett was good enough to catch Geoff in turn two & return the nerf, then some. Yes, this is the guy who has driving the Cup Pace Car, for decades, as he punts his big brother for the lead at the brickyard. Also a classic & promoted Nascar driving maneuver. No penalty! Because what Brett did is, as you know, permissible in Nascar & Nascar only. In fact, Brett is practically oblilgated to his fans and owners to go do that to his brother, of all people. Of course it is a dang crying shame... especially for the Bodine family... I choke up to this day... but this is fair game in Nascar, for sure. If you choose not to make the Brett move, in my opinion (imo), you are seriously compromising your effort to obtain the cup. Because this is what Nascar is. And this is what Nascar drivers do to get the cup. Perhaps not soo much in the King's prime driving days, but in this era, where tolerances are with in ten-thousand-iths of an inch & second, imo, drivers most definitely better be prepared to make the Brett move if they expect respect & if they expect to make the chase. Otherwise it will continue to get taken from you & your fully capable team. On rare occasions... even the most gentlemanly of drivers, distasteful as if might seem, have to go Nascar proper! Finally Marcos

What a prat Harvick is.
The problem with Nascar is that drivers know they can wreck others and get away with it.Sometimes they might get probabtion but that's about it.Start knocking points off them after races and that'll fix it.

I don't get Harvicks comment about Ambrose being "a weapon"
He's not one that goes around punting other drivers,unlike JJ & Harvwit don't mind doing.

So do we think Danica might be in the doghouse tonight ? :D

Harvick is an arrogant flog, knows he ****ed up and thats his defence mechanism. Will fit right in at SHR. Ambrose needs to stand up for himself instead of being the nice guy all the time.

For those who aren't aware, Brian Vickers won at New Hampshire which was only the third of his career. Kyle Busch finished second and Jeff Burton came home third. Jimmie Johnson started at the back of the field and eventually finished 6th while Ambrose had a horror day and managed to finish 33rd, 25 laps down.

Marcos is still 23rd in the championship and needs a miracle now to make the Chase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back