Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

What a surprise.

Fyfe would look good in a Hawks jumper, I'm sure he can't resist going there either. Add to that the lottery of picks available if a trades needed.
If a trade is needed....

It'll either be Dangerwood trade like or it's FA or really nothing but Freo keep a player that was interested on leaving.

If a trade is needed....

It'll either be Dangerwood trade like or it's FA or really nothing but Freo keep a player that was interested on leaving.
You'll need to trade. We've got billions in cap space. Ryan Burton a future first and Kieran Lovell should do it. But I don't know why you're getting your hopes up regarding Fyfe, Hawthorn wouldn't even be on his radar.

You'll need to trade. We've got billions in cap space. Ryan Burton a future first and Kieran Lovell should do it. But I don't know why you're getting your hopes up regarding Fyfe, Hawthorn wouldn't even be on his radar.
Not exactly, we could offer a massive contract, if you guys match then you can keep him. Who said I was getting my hopes up on Fyfey anyway? Steven May is our priority. And you know Hawks would be on his radar because?

Pfft you wouldn't get that...

Not exactly, we could offer a massive contract, if you guys match then you can keep him. Who said I was getting my hopes up on Fyfey anyway? Steven May is our priority. And you know Hawks would be on his radar because?

Pfft you wouldn't get that...
Because you've had a terrible start to the year and have been leapfrogged by about 7 teams so far? You're not the Hawthorn that won 3 flags on the trot anymore. You won't get May either because you've got nothing to trade. You sold the farm for Jaeger.

Because you've had a terrible start to the year and have been leapfrogged by about 7 teams so far? You're not the Hawthorn that won 3 flags on the trot anymore. You won't get May either because you've got nothing to trade. You sold the farm for Jaeger.
A terrible start to the year which doesn't actually say our team is bad, but the scenarios within our list has hurt us with our start, players gelling, players getting use to the pace of AFL Level & players getting too much opportunity which were actually being a liability.

Why do you & media sources say we got nothing to trade, 2018 1st rounder isn't nothing... Do your research before you make calls like that.

Why do you & media sources say we got nothing to trade, 2018 1st rounder isn't nothing... Do your research before you make calls like that.

You traded you're 2016 and 2017 first round picks. Based on the AFL's trade rules you need to make 2 first round picks in a 4 year period. You can't trade your 2018 first round pick.

A terrible start to the year which doesn't actually say our team is bad, but the scenarios within our list has hurt us with our start, players gelling, players getting use to the pace of AFL Level & players getting too much opportunity which were actually being a liability.

Can you trade a future first though? Traded a first last year, a first this year. What about the 2 in 4 years rule? Na I don't see why May would pick you over other possible suitors like the Bulldogs for example? Or Melbourne? Much better youth coming through at those clubs.

You traded you're 2016 and 2017 first round picks. Based on the AFL's trade rules you need to make 2 first round picks in a 4 year period. You can't trade your 2018 first round pick.
FYI we made 2 first round selections in 2015. That is why we can... Your behind the 8 ball mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? That's pretty strange. Why not bring that up at the beginning?
Apparently it was in the fine print or something!

The AFL clarified the situation after it was brought up a month or two ago with regards to Geelong and whether they had to aquire a first rounder this year.

From memory the 2 in 4 years thing doesn't start until 2019 and even then clubs will be able to make a request to the AFL to not comply with that rule. Presumably if they're well run and spending their future firsts wisely the AFL will let them keep doing it.

Serious question? They were your 2 picks and it doesn't seem like a pick in the 20's can be counted as a first rounder. Moot point because of the above quote but I'm curious as to what counts as a first round pick. Cluster**** of a situation by the AFL.
It was apart of the first round selection so it's a first rounder selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back