Nat Fyfe Signs New Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

The OP suggests $1.5Mill per season for 4 years?

If so, I'd require a please explain from the head negotiator. Fyfe never wanted to leave.

As for the Crows, they look to be travelling alright to me.

Yeah you heard me. Selwood's form this year has been head and shoulders above his other years and better than his first year (which was pretty damn good). But otherwise he has been no better than a Pendlebury - good but not great.

He's a top 10-50 but even his 2 years of peak glory I always felt insulted comparing him to Selwood and especially Ablett. Both those players are consistent and don't cancel out their good form every second game.

You're joking right? Fyfe's 2015 was absolutely brutal. 9 three vote games in his first 13 plus a two voter for good measure. Then he got injured in round 15 and still ran away with the Brownlow with a 30+ vote season.

It was a block of consistency and excellence that Selwood hasn't come close to touching so far in his career. I'm not sure even Ablett ever did something like that. Although he did do what he did for 7/8 years straight...

He's had some serious injuries and i am an unabashed Fyfe fan, i can only assume nobody here in Victoria was offering that money and he is probably getting what he deserves at Freo. Now all he has to do is persuade his coach that the goals are not on the outer wing? He's still a great player.

You're joking right? Fyfe's 2015 was absolutely brutal. 9 three vote games in his first 13 plus a two voter for good measure. Then he got injured in round 15 and still ran away with the Brownlow with a 30+ vote season.

It was a block of consistency and excellence that Selwood hasn't come close to touching so far in his career. I'm not sure even Ablett ever did something like that. Although he did do what he did for 7/8 years straight...

:drunk:

CC is contracted for 2018 so he isnt going but yes I think Lever and Gov are gone.
Crows are looking at having 3 first round draft picks in this years draft.
the problem is are you gunna draft better quality then what Lever and Gov are.. I would throwing everything to keep both men. Both young promising key position players

Lol wut? He's not overrated like Fyfe he's been consistently elite since age 18.
Yeah he is. I am sick of the constant fawning and fapping over Selwood every time he goes into a contest and comes out with a broken fingernail. The media are always quick to remind us how brave he is and the cameras are always fixed on him going to the bench with his obligatory bandaged forehead.

Meanwhile guys like Lee Spur end up with a bloodied skull every second game but you wouldn't know that because Lingy and Darcy aren't there to advertise how brave Spurr is.

Selwood even had a dedicated camera on him at the GWS game the other week and he wasn't even playing, he was in the coaches box.

Perhaps you are buying the media hype and mistaking Selwood's braveness for elite skill.

Lol wut? He's not overrated like Fyfe he's been consistently elite since age 18.

Why does it always need to descend into a debate about who is the most elite out of Fyfe/Danger/Selwood/GAJ?

Can't we just agree that anyone of us would have any one of these players in our team in a heartbeat!!!

Just look at the table below...to state Fyfe isn't elite is just dumber than dumb...but then to state Selwood hasn't been elite over a very long period is equally dumb.

upload_2017-7-14_12-31-3.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the problem is are you gunna draft better quality then what Lever and Gov are.. I would throwing everything to keep both men. Both young promising key position players
They would have made their minds up by now.. Lever has to also consider what his mrs wants.

Hagdorn said:
Fyfe has accepted a deal estimated to be in the region of $1.4 million a season and up to $6 million if his terms are over four years.

It is unclear though whether the 2015 Brownlow medallist has signed for three or four or more years.

In other words the journalist doesn't actually know the terms of the contract exactly, and is throwing out a number higher than people were expecting to drive clicks.

Even so, whatever he gets he's worth it, he was freakishly dominant at the start of 2015, it's good for football if he gets back to his best.

Somehow this must be related to the AFL sex scandal?

Seriously tho Freo and Nat, well played. Good to see loyalty being rewarded and rightly so.

Im not sure but im fed up with losing players.. no wonder why we cant win a flag or even make GF. The crows need to offer Lever massive overs to keep him. we can afford to lose Gov and would be handy to get a first round pick for him to maybe pass onto carlton for Gibbs
Lever has to stay surely. I think the Betts deal has shown a change in attitude on contracts at Adelaide and long overdue.

Did anyone honestly think he would leave?

I mean, he probably should have left. Don't think Freo are going anywhere under Lyon. But as a WA boy it would have taken a massive offer to get him to go, and I don't think any Melbourne club could have offered much more than Fremantle did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back