Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

The Joker ... obviously, but you're implying a midfield of Fyfe, O'Meara, Mitchell, Lovell, Cousins, O'Rourke? Langford? Shiels? Wouldn't be as good as a midfield of Fyfe, Neale, S. Hill, Weller... etc?

Langford and Shiels, s**t boy they are part of the reason the Hawks are 0n4!

Neale is every bit as good as TMitchell!
O'Meara cant stay on the park, but if you want to compare him with SHill, go ahead.

Im not one to have pot shots at other teams young talent so i wont, however i will say i have a lot of excitement with the way Weller, Blakley, Tucker and Langdon and even more so in Balic go about it, so make of that what you will!

Langford and Shiels, s**t boy they are part of the reason the Hawks are 0n4!

Neale is every bit as good as TMitchell!
O'Meara cant stay on the park, but if you want to compare him with SHill, go ahead.

Im not one to have pot shots at other teams young talent so i wont, however i will say i have a lot of excitement with Weller, Blakley, Tucker and Langdon and even more so in Balic so make of that what you will!
That's why I have question marks around Langford & Shiels, both can't kick. Hill would have O'Meara for pace, but not strength, Hawks aren't gonna rush O'Meara with his bone bruising. Bradley Hill I miss heaps, but we are waiting for that Precision kicking replacement to come in. Blakely will step up well for ya's when Mundy retires. Langdon not a fan though.

Second only to JPK for Contested Possessions so far this year. He's not quite as good but he's still having a great year so far. He's not a "a shadow of his former self" at all. Has played a huge part in all 3 of our wins so far.

He's coming back from a significant injury as well. I'm more than happy with how he's tracking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

But Riewoldt wasnt demanding 1.5mill a year at the start of our rebuild.

We're talking about the merits of paying fyfe 1.5mill at the start of freos rebuild.

I'm saying if that's what fyfe wants to resign- freo are better off letting him walk.
Not exacly a wild suggestion.
I have been a dockers fan since 2001. I was more worried about Pav Leaving freo in the Prime of his career around 2004-10.

The more I think about it, the more likely Fyfe will stay. He is a country boy, Not a mercenary. I reckon freo will put a certain contract on the Table. Similat to Travis Cloke and Daisy Thomas: Offer him a 4 year deal with an option of a 5th year at 1.3 million a year. That's $25,000 a week. 4 years at 1.3 million a year equals $5.2 million over 4 years. Turning that down to stay in his home state is the equivalent of tearing up a lottery ticket.

I have been a dockers fan since 2001. I was more worried about Pav Leaving freo in the Prime of his career around 2004-10.

The more I think about it, the more likely Fyfe will stay. He is a country boy, Not a mercenary. I reckon freo will put a certain contract on the Table. Similat to Travis Cloke and Daisy Thomas: Offer him a 4 year deal with an option of a 5th year at 1.3 million a year. That's $25,000 a week. 4 years at 1.3 million a year equals $5.2 million over 4 years. Turning that down to stay in his home state is the equivalent of tearing up a lottery ticket.
Out of interest, what evidence do you have that he's "not a mercenary"? Anything to support that at all or just the vibe?

I have no idea how true it is but I've been heard separate people say that Fyfe considers himself a brand, which is more or less exactly how a modern day mercenary would think

Out of interest, what evidence do you have that he's "not a mercenary"? Anything to support that at all or just the vibe?

I have no idea how true it is but I've been heard separate people say that Fyfe considers himself a brand, which is more or less exactly how a modern day mercenary would think
His famous Brownlow medal speech. He also said he would stay at the club if there is a plan on Freos rebuild.... well a good plan anyway.

Freo traded aggressively over the off season. Put it this way.... Freo are 3-2 after 5 rounds. they are either going to be 3-3 or 4-2 after tonight. The more wins freo get this year, the more likely he will stay.

Twice as many? Bull crap. Most of your suspended guys have played together & played with some players for a year or 2. I think you pointed out some of the wrong players... Rioli, Breust, Puopolo rely on players getting the ball forward with good movement. Burgoyne hasn't been bad. Gibson is cooked & players that were expected to step up have been falling short massively including this Gunston experiment on the wing, Shiels, Smith, Hartung, Duryea, (Langford still can't kick) & Stratton has been disappointing, but mostly out midfields fault as they're not geling yet & their ball movement hasn't been very good & alot of turnovers that put defenders like Frawley & Stratton on their back foot with Gibbo not giving them a chop out anymore is hurting us.

You obviously know nothing about our midfield... our midfield is limited due to injuries. But we have players that will be solid players developing. Wouldn't Fyfe want to team up with Mitchell & O'Meara, also play with some 1, 2, 3 or 4 time Premiership players like Rioli, Gunston, Breust, Birchall & Roughead. Also be coached by the best coach in the AFL & be apart of a new training facility movement in Dingley which is gonna first class facilities.
Lol Fyfes already using the best facilities in the AFL and moves into a brand spanking new Stadium next year if he stays at Freo, i'm sure He hates the name Cockburn but Dingley is just as bad!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back