Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the club will have learnt some lessons from the Carlisle trade situation and won't approach future targets in the same way.
Can't see us chasing after Fyfe with anything other than money. If that isn't enough then c'est la vie, move on to the next target. Freo gets to keep their captain, Fyfe gets a big pay rise, Saints keep their warchest for another player and two top ten picks - win, win, win.
I really hope this is our strategy, as opposed to the Hawks - O'Meara strategy.

I think the club will have learnt some lessons from the Carlisle trade situation and won't approach future targets in the same way.
Can't see us chasing after Fyfe with anything other than money. If that isn't enough then c'est la vie, move on to the next target. Freo gets to keep their captain, Fyfe gets a big pay rise, Saints keep their warchest for another player and two top ten picks - win, win, win.
All that trade says to me is that you need to give something decent to get something of quality. We ended up with a very good centre half back that is starting to show what a quality player he is as well as a silky skilled midfielder/forward that is out performing most of the guys that we would have been looking at with pick 5 anyway.

If Freo did match our offer and we had to trade for him, there is no way we would walk away from that deal. Do you think that Geelong have regretted taking Dangerfield?

This is getting sad.

You sound like an old hag trying to tell everybody about how beautiful she used to be.

Let it go man, go find another thread

5aeeb9a4c70554793739f2603f9b8a85.jpg

"I've written a letter to daddy..."

Despite both Fyfe’s management and St Kilda coach Alan Richardson denying the story just hours after it was released, Fitzgerald spoke on the radio again on Tuesday and stood by his comments.

“I have a credible and trustworthy source who gave me the information,” he said.

“With contract negotiations, I suspect there are a lot of agendas at play here.”

Fitzgerald also took a shot at people who were questioning his validity by asking “why should we believe someone from breakfast radio?”.

Surely it is simple to nip this in the butt and Fyfe comes out and says he categorically would not consider a move to St Kilda, re-signs with Freo or StKilda/Richardson come out and say they are not interested nor consider acquiring Nat Fyfe

Otherwise, this guy sounds like he might have credible source

Thennnnnnnnnnnnn Freo matches it anyway

Surely it is simple to nip this in the butt and Fyfe comes out and says he categorically would not consider a move to St Kilda, re-signs with Freo or StKilda/Richardson come out and say they are not interested nor consider acquiring Nat Fyfe

All this has confirmed is that st kilda has a serious offer on the table for him. No one seems to be arguing that side of it

All this has confirmed is that st kilda has a serious offer on the table for him. No one seems to be arguing that side of it

Freo could end up paying overs if there is some serious offers, surely there would be more than 1 club interested

Freo will match at any cost

We've all known that for well over 6 months though. Maybe this DJ has got some inside info, but he's opened up a can of worms for his credibility should Fyfe Re-sign. Doubt it's come from a high ranking St Kilda board member. They don't tell random *-allers anything regarding the club.

Freo could end up paying overs if there is some serious offers, surely there would be more than 1 club interested

Freo will match at any cost
Of course. Other parties that have even publicly confirmed are adelaide, melbourne, carlton, richmond and probably collingwood/essendon

Of course. Other parties that have even publicly confirmed are adelaide, melbourne, carlton, richmond and probably collingwood/essendon
Adelaide are the big sleeper in all this imo. The offer won't be as big as some others but they'll have a decent crack and their in a great position onfield.

LOL....Gotta love Saints fans delusions of relevance.

Saints have as much chance of landing Fyfe, as Essendon had in landing O'Meara.

No one wants to trudge all the way to Seaford & play for mediocrity....LOL
jesus h, the irony!

This is the same guy who will tell you perfectly straight-faced that FAs will be happy to trudge all the way to Dingley and play for mediocrity.

LOL indeed

Adelaide are the big sleeper in all this imo. The offer won't be as big as some others but they'll have a decent crack and their in a great position onfield.
Spot on, big big sleeper. Don't discount collingwood/essendon either.

This is the most sensible post in 119 pages :thumbsu:

Dunno about anyone's bottom....but nipping it in the bud might work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've all known that for well over 6 months though. Maybe this DJ has got some inside info, but he's opened up a can of worms for his credibility should Fyfe Re-sign. Doubt it's come from a high ranking St Kilda board member. They don't tell random ****-allers anything regarding the club.

For his credibility as a sports journo? he is a brekky radio host lol aint no credibility to lose!

jesus h, the irony!

This is the same guy who will tell you perfectly straight-faced that FAs will be happy to trudge all the way to Dingley and play for mediocrity.

LOL indeed
LOL...yep. And the club that recruits the most mediocre player of all time on 600k per year. Hell...he makes mediocre players look like stars.

Good old Ty...
Nice one Hawks...

Based on current draft order

Fyfe and #10 to St Kilda

#2, #8 and #46 to Fremantle
I see that as the most likely deal.. depends really where Freo actually end up. If they drop to pick 5-6 will be interesting. Might replace #46 with a second.

Based on current draft order

Fyfe and #10 to St Kilda

#2, #8 and #46 to Fremantle
You've mixed the picks up, atm saints have 10 and freo 8, not the other way around, so it'd be Fyfe and 8 for 2, 10 and 46 which I imagine wouldn't happen

You've mixed the picks up, atm saints have 10 and freo 8, not the other way around, so it'd be Fyfe and 8 for 2, 10 and 46 which I imagine wouldn't happen

Yes, and in that case it might as well be a straight swap for 2....
If Hawks came last and we ended with pick 1, would that work? Fyfe for #1? maybe throw next years second in?

Some way of only involving 1 first rounder would be good, so we can use the others for other potential trades i.e Kelly

Well if we finish below St Kilda on the ladder and we match the offer, what other way does he get to St Kilda? The cats didn't have 2 first round picks, St kilda do. That's where the difference is. Do you think we would be happy to gain a single pick for losing Nat Fyfe?
There are various ways to skin a cat.

But if an uncontracted free agent says he wants to leave, the club he's leaving sure as hell isn't the one with "all the bargaining power". That's absurd.

Also, the reality in the Dangerfieid trade is that Geelong could have coughed up two first-rounders but they elected to trade one of those for Henderson instead. Adelaide weren't able to demand that second first-rounder, were they?

Equally, if the Saints trade out their existing first-rounder this year but Fyfe remains adamant he wants to join them, Freo aren't going to have the option of simply saying 'nah you have to stay'. That's not going to happen. A deal will get done but there's no guarantee about what that entails.

Would happily give two first rounders for Fyfe, this years and next and then keep Hawthorn's first.
We're talking about one of the top 5 best players in the league here. With 6-7 years of top football left. IF he wants to come to us, we'll be doing a deal. 2 firsts will do it and keeping one this year. I'd happily hand over Hawks pick and next years. We're getting a Brownlow winner still with his best years to come AND a top 10 ( most likely ) young gun in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back