Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, the fact that hawthorn had no inkling of matching buddys offer was because it was a million dollars a year for 9 years for a 27 year old!!

It had nothing to do with some sort of imaginary mystical figure that they refuse to pay a player on moral grounds.
You're naive.

Hawthorn knew what Franklin was going to be offered on the open market long before the Swans attached 9 years to it, and they had said that they weren't interested in trying to top those offers.

Why are so many Hawthorn fans in this thread? Not getting Fyfe.

Would've thought Bud was more of a mercenary than a guy who for 2 years couldn't get on the park
It's no coincidence that JOM chose Hawthorn because of our fitness and medical team, after all, he was offered more money to stay at Gold Coast than he's getting at Hawthorn
That's not a mercenary in my book!

Oh, and it's brown and gold!
Lol.

1.2mil is the new 1mil, its not way over the top depending on the years and a team desperate for q big fish would pay that but its probably not a good move to do so.

The question has been asked, what is Fyfe worth ?.

I'll throw it up that he is at least worth $900 000 to Freo.

If another team wants him, maybe $300 000 extra could be the incentive.

$1.2 million a year doesn't sound too bad with the way AFL salaries are going.

You pay for what you get.

I agree it's about structure.
What about the structure of a team like carlton or the saints who have zero genuine current A+ grade midfielders?

It isn't worth paying slightly over market rates to fix that structure?
Yet it somehow IS ok to pay over market for hale and vickery?

Given they are so adept at it- hawks know all too well that all clubs almost always need to pay overs to get a player to move.
So whatever the offer is from a club that isn't freo, it will need to be a decent bump above that freos offer is.

I'm intrigued to here what you think freo will/should offer fyfe?
7 figures?
What ever he wants to make him stay as long as its reasonable. Paying players so much will only mean other players will leave, have a look at the swans

The Dogs gambled on a relatively unknown, millions he cost them and he was influential in helping them win the premiership.
Fyfe is well known, not only that, aside from Gary Ablett, he's the best football player in the game so I think he's going to demand the same kind of money as what Ablett did.
You forgot to mention Dangerfield;)

What ever he wants to make him stay as long as its reasonable. Paying players so much will only mean other players will leave, have a look at the swans

The swans have several guys on monster money- that's why they are a chance of players leaving.
Although other than tmitch i cant see who out of their best 22, having guys like buddy and tippet has cost them?
They are still retaining all the guys they really want, like heeney and parker etc.

By your logic i suppose you're expecting an exodus of players from the bulldogs because they have boyd on a huge contract?

The swans have several guys on monster money- that's why they are a chance of players leaving.
Although other than tmitch i cant see who out of their best 22, having guys like buddy and tippet has cost them?
They are still retaining all the guys they really want, like heeney and parker etc.

By your logic i suppose you're expecting an exodus of players from the bulldogs because they have boyd on a huge contract?
With some of the players the bulldogs have coming through you would expect they would in for a pay rise and if the bulldogs don't have the cash there then its more than possible that some might look for more money.

With some of the players the bulldogs have coming through you would expect they would in for a pay rise and if the bulldogs don't have the cash there then its more than possible that some might look for more money.
They were going to sign Hurley before he decided to stay.

A lot of Boyd's contract was paid last year. Do your research next time.

Assuming Fyfe gets through the first half of the year unscathed and in good form, I think 900K X 5 years. That is under what is generally proposed here, but is only part of what he will build his wealth from. A little bit of sacrifice maybe. But demonstrates leadership and commitment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before you come bumbling in on a conversation why don't you read it first.... I said IF they didn't have the money I never said they don't!!!!

Mumford

Lol. St Kilda would be on Fyfes preference list over Carlton or Richmond. Collingwood I'll give you but only because of the Eddie/Lexus centre. Means SFA who he supported as a kid mate, He wants success and money

St Kilda aren't going to see success coming into the eve of a GWS dynasty. Fyfe will chase money and the ability to promote his personal brand.

St Kilda aren't going to see success coming into the eve of a GWS dynasty. Fyfe will chase money and the ability to promote his personal brand.
He can get money literally anywhere, Richmond and Carlton have nothing over ST Kilda in terms of cap space or finals prospects so why would he pick either over them? And please don't give me the "we are a biiiiig biiiiig club" BS because nobody is buying it.

The salary cap is just over $10mill and Boyd's contract is worth a $1mill a season and you think it was front loaded by how much exactly? Not sure how they could to pay 40 other guys if a lot of Boyd's $6mill was paid last year.

The salary cap is just over $10mill and Boyd's contract is worth a $1mill a season and you think it was front loaded by how much exactly? Not sure how they could to pay 40 other guys if a lot of Boyd's $6mill was paid last year.
Sorry where was it stated that Boyd was paid $6m last year?

Wait! Aren't claims without citing the reports just trolling and/or have no substance? I'm sure I read something like that...

What reports?

Where are the reports saying they're taking unders? Post them.

So you make a dubious claim, and when people ask you to prove it, you tell THEM to use google? You're a troll, worthless.

You keep saying "reported" without actually citing the reports. That's all I ever asked for, and neither you, not the General Giant troll could provide a single one. Everything you just said has no substance.

Verify your facts first then. You don't have them.

I don't, and you're doing a terrible job trying to justify your position.

It wasn't reported, as you're not even able to cite those reports.

You're a troll because you make crap up.

why has this turned into a 'hype' boyd discussion?

nat yesterday showed exactly why potato mundy was replaced. lead from the front right to the end even in the stinking heat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back